We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editor - ReturnType = Done

Good day,

SfDataForm/Editor/ReturnType:

Using SfDataForm, I have implemented a MultiLineEditor in XAML as follows:

<dataform:DataFormTextItem Name="Notes" Editor="MultilineText" />

The standard keyboard is displayed with a NEXT option as a return type.

Selecting the NEXT control/button causes a exception 'focus search returned a view that wasn't able to take  focus'.

I wish to change the keyboard behavior from NEXT to DONE in the XAML file (Entry.ReturnType = Done)

Kindly point me to an example or documentation that shows how this can be achieved in the XAML context.

Warm regards

1 Reply

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Ian, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the shared information, we have checked your requirement “Change return key behavior of DataFormMultilineTextItem”. As per DataForm implementation, when the next key pressed new line will be added in Multiline text editor, which is the default behavior of Editor field and we can’t set ReturnType for Multiline editor. ReturnType can be changed for DataFormTextItem using custom editor. 

We have tested the same with MultilineText editor and we are unable to get any exception, while pressing return key new line added in editor. 

We have attached the tested sample for your reference, 

Sample link: DataForm 

We have tested with Syncfusion update version 17.2.0.47 and Xamarin.Forms version 3.4.0.1008975. 

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If yes, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with the following details, 

·       Device configuration details 
·       Syncfusion and Xamarin.Forms update version 
·       Share DataForm model 

It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon