We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid filtering mixing two filter types (Excel and FilterBar)

Hello,

In my application I am using two filter types - Excel and FilterBar.

If I as using them together I think it sends wrong where predicates to WebAPI (I am using remote data). I can reproduce this here: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-a6zcre?file=app.component.ts

For example:
1. Select in Excel type filter something in Customer Name column.

2. Change filter type to FilterBar (first problem I think that I can see in FilterBar column Customer Name already selected value (one value when I selected for example two different value)).
Problem:

Typing something:

3. Type something in for example Ship Country column. And we can see that no records are displayed.

In this case in my application I can see that data was sent to WebAPI in this structure (ItemCategoryCode was set in Excel type filter, other data was set in FilterBar type filter):

I think it should be sent to WebAPI in this sructure:

By the way - if first of all I set something in FilterBar type filter and then in Excel type filter - data are sent to WebAPI with correct structure.

1 Reply

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team June 17, 2019 09:38 AM UTC

Hi AC, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

By default, Excel filter works for complex filtering but filterBar does not work for complex predicate and it handle only single value in Grid. When dynamically change to filter type then it does not generate predicate based on that type because we have already generated the predicate for those filtered columns. We suggest you to clear the filter before changing the filter type to resolve the problem. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon