We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfDataGrid crashes when clicking the Filter button on a column

Hello everyone,

I keep having issues with applying filters to columns on the sfDataGrid. I have set the AllowFiltering attribute on the grid to True, however, when I try to apply the filter by clicking the icon, I keep getting the following stack trace:

Is there anything I can do from my end?

10 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 18, 2019 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Tobias, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We are currently trying to reproduce the reported issue from our end. And we will update you with more details on 22nd April,2019. 

We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team April 22, 2019 01:25 PM UTC

Hi Tobias, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused. We are still trying to reproduce the reported issue from our end based on the given stack trace. We will update you with further details on 23rd April,2019. 

Regards,
Shobika. 

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team April 23, 2019 03:17 PM UTC

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your patience. 

We have deprecated the Silverlight platform support. And we have stopped shipping assemblies for Silverlight platform from the version 14.4.0.15.  

Also we have analyzed the reported issue with opening filter popup in the last released version (14.4.0.15) and we are unbale to reproduce the reported issue. Please find the tested sample from the below link 

Sample link: 

If you are still facing the same issue, please revert us with the clear requirement and the platform that your using to build the application. It will helps us to investigate further and update you with appropriate solution at earlier.

Regards,
Shobika 

LS Lowis Schwahn replied to Shobika Palani June 18, 2019 02:35 PM UTC

Hi Tobias,

We have deprecated the Silverlight platform support. And we have stopped shipping assemblies for Silverlight platform from the version 14.4.0.15.  

Also we have analyzed the reported issue with opening filter popup in the last released version (14.4.0.15) and we are unbale to reproduce the reported issue. Please find the tested sample from the below link 

Sample link: 

If you are still facing the same issue, please revert us with the clear requirement and the platform that your using to build the application. It will helps us to investigate further and update you with appropriate solution at earlier.

Regards,
Shobika 

Hello,

Sorry for just getting back to you. I've tried to analyze the issue and I've come to a different conclusion:

The filter popup is not shown at all, the crash happens when trying to remove the "non-existant" filter popup (clicking the filter item twice)

Unfortunately, our piece of software is too complex and trying to build a custom test case out of it has so far been unsuccessful.

Do you have any idea what could cause the popup to fail opening?

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team June 19, 2019 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Tobias, 

We have analyzed the reported case in our source level. But we could not replicate the reported issue from our end. Could you please share us code file related to grid settings and code file related to customization in grid if you have done any in your project to reproduce the reported issue from our end? It will helps us to investigate further and provide appropriate solution at earlier. 

Regards, 
Shobika. 

LS Lowis Schwahn June 20, 2019 09:25 AM UTC

Hello,

After consulting with my superiors and being given permission to share small parts of code, I've submitted the XAML source for our window here:
https://pastebin.com/axnJJdBa

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team June 21, 2019 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Tobias, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are currently checking with the given code example from our end. We will update you with more details on 25th June,2019.  

Regards, 
Shobika. 

SP Shobika Palani Syncfusion Team June 25, 2019 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Tobias, 

We have analyzed the reported issue based on the code files shared. But we are unable to reproduce the reported issue from our end. Please find the tested sample from the link below 

Sample Link: 

If still you are facing the same issue, please revert us with the modified sample if possible. Otherwise, we would like to set up web meeting to resolve the reported issue at your end. Could you please let us know your availability? We will make every effort to arrange meeting at date and time of your convenience. 

Regards, 
Shobika. 

LS Lowis Schwahn June 25, 2019 02:38 PM UTC

Hello Shobika,

I would really appreciate a live demonstration / web meeting of the issue. My availability is usually from Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm CEST.

IMO, the details of which should be discussed via private message or e-mail. Could you please tell me how to best contact you privately, I'd rather not have my company e-mail posted on the internet?

Thanks in advance!

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team June 26, 2019 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Tobias, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are checking on your requirement and will get back to you shortly. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon