We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

SfDataGrid on IOS: cannot swipe to delete + scroll to column index after data source changed

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

143186 Mar 8,2019 04:03 AM UTC Mar 11,2019 11:44 AM UTC Xamarin.Forms 3
Tags: SfDataGrid
Nguyen Khac Tien
Asked On March 8, 2019 04:03 AM UTC

Dear Syncfusion,

I'm using lastest trial version of Syncfusion Xamarin.Forms on XF 3.4 and meet some problems with your SfDataGrid on Xamarin.Forms IOS app (but on Android, everything works well).

1. SfDataGrid cannot swipe to delete, because it always scrolls whole the grid

2. SfDataGrid ScrollToColumnIndex works well at OnAppearing of the view, but after reloading data, it always scrolls to the first column although I called  ScrollToColumnIndex method after reloading data.
I want to scroll to column M1 (on the attached file) after reloading data.

In the attached files, I have some screenshots of my app on both IOS and Android apps.

Please help me to solve that.
Thanks & Best Regards,

Attachment: sfDataGrid_Problems_a319fee3.zip

Deivaselvan Y [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 8, 2019 11:10 AM UTC

Hi Nguyen, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion components. 

1 . Regarding ScrollToColumnIndex query. 

We have checked query, you can achieve your requirement by using ItemsSourceChanged event. ItemsSourceChanged hits when you reload the data, so you need to call the ScrollToColumnIndex method in ItemsSourceChanged event. We have prepared the sample based on your requirement and attached for your reference. You can download the same from the below link. 

2 . Regarding Swiping issue. 

We have checked your reported issue from our side. we can reproduce the issue. We have logged the bug report for the same. It will be fixed and included in our upcoming volume 1 sp1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out on end of April 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards, 
Deivaselvan 

Nguyen Khac Tien
Replied On March 9, 2019 03:34 AM UTC

Dear Deivaselvan,

Thank you for your quick response and your detail sample.

Following your sample, the ScrollToColumnIndex problem has solved.
I'm looking forward to seeing your next release to solve the swiping issue. Please let me know as soon as you release it.

Best Regards,

Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 11, 2019 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Nguyen, 

Thank you for the update. We are glad that the ScrollToColumnIndex issue has been resolved with the provided solution.  

As we mentioned, we will fix the mentioned issue “DataGrid container gets swiped instead of row while swiping” and include the issue fix in our 2019 Volume 1 SP1 release. We will let you know, once it has been rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;