We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PdfWordWrapType.None disappears and PdfWordWrapType.WordOnly not working for text within a PdfGrid

Hey guys,

I was hoping to have word-wrapping removed for an aggregate row added to the last row of a PdfGrid, so that the sum would not wrap if it ended up being larger than the column. I tried setting the WordWrap property of the PdfStringFormat, unsure of whether it would clip or extend past the column. Instead the text disappeared!

Likewise the WordOnly setting appears to function the same as Word, which does not seem correct.

Is this a known issue? I'm currently working through the Syncfusion.Pdf.NETStandard library, version 16.3.0.29.
Also, can you let me know if the expected behavior will be clipping or text running past the boundries?

Thanks,
-Ricky

1 Reply

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team January 28, 2019 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Ricky, 
Please find the description for different WordWrap types in string format: 
// Text wrapping between lines when formatting within a rectangle is disabled. 
format.WordWrap = PdfWordWrapType.None; 
//Text is wrapped by words. If there is a word that is longer than bounds' width, this word is wrapped by characters. 
format.WordWrap = PdfWordWrapType.Word; 
//Text is wrapped by words. If there is a word that is longer than bounds' width, it won't be wrapped at all 
format.WordWrap = PdfWordWrapType.WordOnly; 
// Text is wrapped by characters. In this case the word at the end of the text line can be split. 
format.WordWrap = PdfWordWrapType.Character; 
Note: By default the word wrap type for the string format in Grid is “Word” type. 

We have tested different word wrap type in the PdfStringFormat and created sample PDF for each. Could you please confirm are you reporting this behavior. 

Regards, 
Karthikeyan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon