We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Moving forward with PHP & Laravel

If I understand the note on the documentation page correctly the PHP interface is not being continued into the newer versions of the controls
.  I'm just starting a project in Laravel and I'm wondering what the correct path to take re: the UI is to take advantage of the
newer editions.  Also, I'm a beginner in PHP and Web programming.  Is it correct to say that one would use PHP & Laravel as the backend
and some flavor of JS and the version of the controls targeting that JS version?  

8 Replies

DL Deepa Loganathan Syncfusion Team November 26, 2018 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Michael,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Sorry, but currently, we have not provided PHP wrapper support for the latest version of our controls (EJ2). We have already considered this in our feature checklist. Based on the upcoming release plans and time constrains, we will implement PHP wrappers for EJ2 in any of our upcoming releases.  

However, you can make use of our EJ1 controls in Laravel framework. Please check the below Knowledge base to know more about integrating EJ1 components in Laravel framework.  

Kindly get back to us if you need any further assistance.  

Regards,   
Deepa L.

MC Michael Chean November 26, 2018 05:00 PM UTC

Hello Deepa:
Thanks so much for your response.  I'm a little unclear on this sentence though:
Based on the upcoming release plans and time constrains, we will implement PHP wrappers for EJ2 in any of our upcoming releases.
Are you saying that you do plan un supporting PHP in a future release of EJ2?  
Also if I'm using Vue for my front end and Laravel PHP for the backend, can I use the Vue-EJ2?  Sorry for the question but I'm just a beginner.

Mike

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team November 28, 2018 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for your update. 

Query 1:  Are you saying that you do plan un supporting PHP in a future release of EJ2?   

Currently, we don’t have any immediate plan for providing PHP support. This will be available in any of our upcoming release. 

Query 2: Also if I'm using Vue for my front end and Laravel PHP for the backend, can I use the Vue-EJ2? 

We are checking your requirement by creating PHP sample. We will update further details in two business day [11/30/2018]. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards,  
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Sorry for the delay. 

We could render our syncfusion vue UI Components in Laravel and PHP, and we have created a simple sample based on your requirements. Follow the below steps for running the sample, 

Prerequisites: Ensure the below software is installed on  your system, 

1. Laravel - https://laravel.com/docs/5.7
  2. PHP - http://php.net/downloads.php

Step 1 : Complie the project 

npm run watch 

Step 3 :  Serve the project 

After your project is successfully created, run the project by using Web artisan tool. 

`php artisan serve` 

Note:  Find the details for creating sample in ReadMe file of this project. 

Please get back to us if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

MC Michael Chean December 11, 2018 05:17 PM UTC

Hi:
And thank you for your response!  I will share this information on the Larachat board. 

Mike

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team December 12, 2018 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Michael,  

Thanks for the update.  

Regards,  
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

MI mistakiesh May 3, 2021 09:52 AM UTC

Things have upgraded now, after laravel installation of the latest version, you will get to see many of the improved features like laravel Jetstream has improved the existing Laravel UI scaffolding available in earlier versions.

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team May 3, 2021 11:05 AM UTC

Hi Mistakiesh, 

Thank you for your information. 

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon