We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Excel filter in Date column

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

140868 Nov 12,2018 12:27 PM UTC Dec 5,2018 06:19 AM UTC ASP.NET Core - EJ 2 14
Tags: Grid
Costa
Asked On November 12, 2018 12:27 PM UTC

Hi. I have created the application Razor Pages Syncfusion EJ2 with grid an URL-adapter and an excel filter (see attached file). Why doesn't the filter in the Release Date column work as expected?

Thanks.

Attachment: RazorPagesGridExcelFilter_28c7f04f.zip

Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 13, 2018 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Costa, 

We have checked your query and tried to reproduce the issue at our end but it is unsuccessful. Please refer the below screenshot and sample link. 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Costa
Replied On November 15, 2018 01:37 AM UTC

Hi. Your sample with 2 selected items in filter. No record to display.

Costa
Replied On November 15, 2018 04:58 AM UTC

Also, all the same, please look at your project, with the addition of the ExcelFilter page (attached file). The behavior of the excel filter is slightly different.

Attachment: excelfilterorderdate_20d7d892.zip

Costa
Replied On November 15, 2018 09:22 AM UTC

Also, please tell us, which NuGet Package should be used for Razor Pages App's: Syncfusion.EJ2 or Syncfusion.EJ2.AspNet.Core? They have the same descriptions.

Costa
Replied On November 15, 2018 10:24 AM UTC

As I understand, the problem of filtering occurs exactly when using UrlAdaptor.

Replied On November 15, 2018 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

We have checked your query and we have logged “Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class” as a bug. The fix for the issue will be available on November 28, 2018 patch release. Until then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Costa
Replied On November 30, 2018 08:52 AM UTC

Hi, November 28th has already passed. How's the work progressing?

Replied On December 3, 2018 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Costa,  

Sorry for inconvenience caused. 

In our last patch release will be postponed due to the Essential Studio Volume 4, 2018  Beta release. However we will include the fix “Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class” in our upcoming Volume 4, 2018 beta release at the mid of the December. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Costa
Replied On December 3, 2018 12:04 PM UTC

Hi, Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan.
Thanks for update.

I would also like to draw your attention that if there are null fields, Excel filter does not allow you to filter the data with null values.

Costa
Replied On December 3, 2018 12:05 PM UTC

Costa
Replied On December 3, 2018 12:06 PM UTC

Dhivya Rajendran [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 4, 2018 07:04 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

Query : I would also like to draw your attention that if there are null fields, Excel filter does not allow you to filter the data with null values. 

We have validated the provided information and you can achieve your requirement by using the below way. In the below sample, we have used empty string instead of null values to filter the blanks record in excel filtering.  

Please find the below example code, attached snapshot and sample link for your reference. 

[Index.cshtml.cs] 
public static List<OrdersDetails> GetAllRecords() 
            { 
                if (order.Count() == 0) 
                { 
                    . . . .  
                    { 
                        order.Add(new OrdersDetails(code + 1, "ALFKI", i + 0, 2.3 * i, false, new DateTime(1991, 05, 15), "Berlin", "Simons bistro", "Denmark", new DateTime(1996, 7, 16), "Kirchgasse 6")); 
                        order.Add(new OrdersDetails(code + 2, "ANATR", i + 2, 3.3 * i, true, new DateTime(1990, 04, 04), "", "Queen Cozinha", "Brazil", new DateTime(1996, 9, 11), "Avda. Azteca 123")); 
                        order.Add(new OrdersDetails(code + 5, "BOLID", i + 4, 6.3 * i, true, new DateTime(1953, 02, 18), "", "Hanari Carnes", "Switzerland", new DateTime(1997, 12, 3), "1029 - 12th Ave. S.")); 
          . . . . . . 
           } 

Regards, 
R.Dhivya 

Costa
Replied On December 4, 2018 10:08 AM UTC

Thanks. A variant with empty strings, I found myself. But it requires additional coding in real Apps. I hope this is a temporary workaround?

Madhu Sudhanan P [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 5, 2018 06:19 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

Thanks for the update. We have analyzed and confirmed “Null values are not displaying as blanks in checkbox filter” as bug and this fix will be available in any of the upcoming releases. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;