We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Getting javascript error while hovering to any control of ReportViewer and Export functionality is not working.

Hi,
i am using 15.2450.0.44 version of syncfusion. I am having a project based on ASP.NET framework 4.6.1 and in that i am using very simple report which is getting data from SQL database through a Store Procedure and loading that report in report viewer. So report is getting loaded successfully but when i hover to any control of Report viewer that time i am getting javascript error(in attachment) and even the Export functionality is not working. So can you please help me in this. 
I am first time using syncfusion report, so please correct me if i am missing any reference or any properties i need to set.
Thank you so much. 

Attachment: Screenshots_b6be96d8.zip

1 Reply

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team August 1, 2017 06:23 AM UTC

Hi Bhavin, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We suspect the mentioned problem might have occurred when the ReportViewer is rendered based on machine culture by without referring locale culture text (“ej.localetext.js” script file) in your application. So, we request you to refer the “ej.localetext.js” script file for machine culture in your application to resolve the mentioned problem at your end as shown in below code example, 

<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-1.11.3.min.js"></script> 
<script src="~/scripts/jquery.easing.1.3.min.js"></script> 

<script src="~/scripts/ej.web.all.min.js"></script> 
<script src="scripts/ej.culture.de-DE.js"></script> 
<script src="scripts/ej.localetexts.de-DE.js"></script> 

<form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <div style="height650px;width950px;min-height:404px;"> 
        <ej:ReportViewer runat="server" ID="viewer" ReportPath="~/App_Data/Sales Dashboard.rdl" ReportServiceUrl="/api/ReportApi" Locale="de-DE"> 
        </ej:ReportViewer> 
    </div> 
</form> 

You can obtain the online ReportViewer demo sample for localization from below location, 

Please refer the below UG documentation link to create the sample in ASP.NET web platform,   

Also, you can obtain the ASP.Net ReportViewer samples from the below build installed location,     
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\version\Web\Samples\Web  

If the issue persists, then share the “ej.web.all.min.js” script file referred in your application to validate the mentioned issue at our end. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon