We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Build:cannot find module 'angular2/core' Error

Hi,
First time working with MVC/Syncfusion. I just open the standard MVC template and installed Syncfusion according to the instructions but before even adding any controls I get these errors when I just try a build. Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks

12 Replies

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team October 17, 2016 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Michael Lambert, 

Thanks for Contacting Syncfusion Support. 

From given screen short, we suspect that, the dependencies packages are not installed properly in the application. We have already discussed about “Angular 2 in ASP.NET Core with TypeScript using Visual Studio 2015” in knowledge base (for Angular 2 RC1 release). Please refer to the below link for KB link.  

Could please share the below information.? So, that we can provide you the prompt solution.  

1.       Visual Studio environment VS2013/VS2015 and MVC or ASP .Net Core.  
2.       Sample to reproduce issue.  

Please revert us back if you need further assistance on this.  

Regards, 
Narayanasamy P. 

DC Damian Chambers December 26, 2016 12:25 PM UTC

I am having a similar problem. I am using VS 2015 Community Ed and working with MVC NOT Core.

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team December 27, 2016 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Damian, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support, 

You can configure Syncfusion Angular 2 components in ASP.NET MVC5. Create an empty application and configure NPM, Typescript files, Syncfusion Angular 2 seeding, then add Syncfusion references for in Layout page. We have prepared  
sample for Syncfusion Angular 2 components in ASP.NET MVC5, available in the link below: 

We have tried your scenario and we were unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Could you please ensure the shared sample in your end and let us know if you need further assistance on this?  

Regards, 
Arun P 

LH Loring Hummel April 3, 2017 11:57 PM UTC

Arun,
Could you be more specific on the steps to perform?  Your sample works, but I don't see packages for NPM, TypeScript and Syncfusion Angular 2 seeding.  I also see no reference to these dependencies in the Installation and Deployment Guide for MVC. 

Thanks,
Loring

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team April 4, 2017 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Loring, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion support. 

Query1:” Could you be more specific on the steps to perform? I also see no reference to these dependencies in the Installation and Deployment Guide for MVC. ” 

Currently we don’t published any document for this Getting started for ASP.NET MVC 5 using Angular2 in Visual Studio 2015. Hence we have attached the manual document below for your reference. 

Query2:” Your sample works, but I don't see packages for NPM, TypeScript and Syncfusion Angular 2 seeding” 

Due to larger size with the npm packages, we have removed all the packages and then attached the sample for quick download. You can install all the packages using the npm install commands in your application. 

Please let us know if you have any queries.  

Regards,  
Arun P.  

AS Alexey Starkov July 26, 2017 09:49 PM UTC

Hello. I'm new into web development and I have same problem.I have VS2017 community. I try to install controls into project using NUGET, because i can not choose identity authentification using syncfusion wizard.In a http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/126438/ze/Getting_started_for_ASP.Net_MVC5-98723524  file i see "Then run the "typings install" command into application root folder location to install the configured typings. ". But how to run typings install? If I tried to do this in "cmd" then i get the message "typings' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/126438/ze/ESAngular2MVC-1801289185 is not worked too because of the same angular problem.

AS Alexey Starkov July 27, 2017 08:32 AM UTC

I do not know if I did it right or not, but I installed typings file. For that i installed angular 2 using this instruction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6ftmxKzL8. After, I execute this command in node.js command promt: npm install typings --global

However, when I tried to execute step 3, I got a lot of errors:

npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue

npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue

npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@1.2.3: graceful-fs v3.0.0 and before will fail on node releases >= v7.0. Please update to graceful-fs@^4.0.0 as soon as possible. Use 'npm ls graceful-fs' to find it in the tree.

npm WARN install Couldn't install optional dependency: Unsupported

> ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall D:\GoogleDrive\Visual Studio\Projects\ASP.NET MVC\_TEST_\WebApplication1\WebApplication1

> typings install

typings ERR! message Unable to resolve typings

typings ERR! caused by Unexpected token '/' at 3:66 in D:\GoogleDrive\Visual Studio\Projects\ASP.NET MVC\_TEST_\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\typings.json

typings ERR! caused by     "ej.web.all": "registry:dt/ej.web.all#0.0.0+20160930121912", // EJTypescrip

typings ERR! caused by                                                                  ^

typings ERR! cwd D:\GoogleDrive\Visual Studio\Projects\ASP.NET MVC\_TEST_\WebApplication1\WebApplication1

typings ERR! system Windows_NT 10.0.15063

typings ERR! command "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2017\\Community\\Web\\External\\Node.exe" "D:\\GoogleDrive\\Visual Studio\\Projects\\ASP.NET MVC\\_TEST_\\WebApplication1\\WebApplication1\ode_modules\\typings\\dist\\bin.js" "install"

typings ERR! node -v v5.4.1

typings ERR! typings -v 0.7.12

typings ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:

typings ERR!   <https://github.com/typings/typings/issues>

npm ERR! Windows_NT 10.0.15063

npm ERR! argv "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2017\\Community\\Web\\External\\Node.exe" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2017\\Community\\Web\\External\ode_modules\pm\\bin\pm-cli.js" "install"

npm ERR! node v5.4.1

npm ERR! npm  v3.3.4

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall: `typings install`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR! 

npm ERR! Failed at the ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall script 'typings install'.

npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the ejangular2-systemjs-starter package,

npm ERR! not with npm itself.

npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:

npm ERR!     typings install

npm ERR! You can get their info via:

npm ERR!     npm owner ls ejangular2-systemjs-starter

npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:

npm ERR!     D:\GoogleDrive\Visual Studio\Projects\ASP.NET MVC\_TEST_\WebApplication1\WebApplication1pm-debug.log

> ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall D:\GoogleDrive\Visual Studio\Projects\ASP.NET MVC\_TEST_\WebApplication1\WebApplication1

> typings install

typings ERR! message Unable to resolve typings

typings ERR! caused by Unexpected token '/' at 3:66 in D:\GoogleDrive\Visual Studio\Projects\ASP.NET MVC\_TEST_\WebApplication1\WebApplication1\typings.json

typings ERR! caused by     "ej.web.all": "registry:dt/ej.web.all#0.0.0+20160930121912", // EJTypescrip

typings ERR! caused by                                                                  ^

typings ERR! cwd D:\GoogleDrive\Visual Studio\Projects\ASP.NET MVC\_TEST_\WebApplication1\WebApplication1

typings ERR! system Windows_NT 10.0.15063

typings ERR! command "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2017\\Community\\Web\\External\\Node.exe" "D:\\GoogleDrive\\Visual Studio\\Projects\\ASP.NET MVC\\_TEST_\\WebApplication1\\WebApplication1\ode_modules\\typings\\dist\\bin.js" "install"

typings ERR! node -v v5.4.1

typings ERR! typings -v 0.7.12

typings ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:

typings ERR!   <https://github.com/typings/typings/issues>

npm ERR! Windows_NT 10.0.15063

npm ERR! argv "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2017\\Community\\Web\\External\\Node.exe" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2017\\Community\\Web\\External\ode_modules\pm\\bin\pm-cli.js" "install"

npm ERR! node v5.4.1

npm ERR! npm  v3.3.4

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE

npm ERR! ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall: `typings install`

npm ERR! Exit status 1

npm ERR! 

npm ERR! Failed at the ejangular2-systemjs-starter@1.0.0 postinstall script 'typings install'.

npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the ejangular2-systemjs-starter package,

npm ERR! not with npm itself.

npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:

npm ERR!     typings install

npm ERR! You can get their info via:

npm ERR!     npm owner ls ejangular2-systemjs-starter

npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

AS Alexey Starkov July 27, 2017 09:43 AM UTC

Help me, please anybody! I'm desperate, because none of your installation instructions work and with each point of the instruction, the number of errors only increases. So far I will try to create a project using Syncfusion Wizard.

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team July 27, 2017 09:44 AM UTC

Hi  Alexey Starkov, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have prepared ASP .NET MVC Application with Syncfusion Angular seed application. The attached sample have latest Syncfusion Angular seed application configuration and refer to the below link for the sample. 

Follow below steps to run the attached application. 

• Open the project in Visual studio 2015 and right click the package.json file and choose “Restore Packages” to restore packages.

• Run gulp tasks via View->Other Windows->Task Runner Explorer to Transpile typescript files.

• To run the application, press Ctrl+F5.

We will update you the documentation to getting started for ASP .NET MVC Application with Syncfusion Angular seed. 

Please let us know if you need further assist on this. 

Regards, 
Abinaya S 

AS Abinaya Subbiah Syncfusion Team July 27, 2017 11:23 AM UTC

Hi  Alexey Starkov, 

Please find the below attached updated documentation to getting started for ASP .NET MVC with Syncfusion Angular seed application. Also we will publish it in our help documentation. 

Please let us know if you need further assist on this. 

Regards, 
Abinaya S 

JS Jeff Smith November 22, 2017 09:19 PM UTC

I have been using Syncfusion for a couple years now with WinForms and ASP.NET.  I tried to use it with MVC, but after hours and hours, and hundreds of compile errors having to do with the all too common error:  "Cannot find module 'angular2/core" - and after ALL suggestions offered by tech support FAILED... I am moving on to another suite of controls.  To have this many errors on install is NOT acceptable.  Come on Syncfusion:  If you don't have it working right, DON'T RELEASE IT!!!

SS Subha Shree Ramanathan Syncfusion Team November 23, 2017 08:35 AM UTC

Hi Jeff Smith, 

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused. 

We suspect that the issue "Cannot find module 'angular2/core" is caused with our previous version(14.1.0.46) of Syncfusion JavaScript Nuget package, we shipped Syncfusion Angular components source files (ej.angular2.d.ts,  ej.angular2.jsej.angular2.js.map) which uses Angular packages angular/core,angular/common,etc . which causes the issue 'angular2/core' could not be found. To resolve this compilation with old Nuget package, we recommend you to manually remove the files such as ej.angular2.d.ts,  ej.angular2.jsej.angular2.js.map from below sample location.     

E:\<<samplelocation>>\Scripts\ej\common     

Now we have removed Angular source file shipping with Syncfusion JavaScript NuGet packages in the recent versions.    

If you are upgraded to the latest version, those files are not available in our JavaScript NuGet package and the issue will be resolved automatically. 

For your convenience we prepared sample and attached below.  

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Thanks, 
Subha Shree D.R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon