We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

i'm facing the following error: report viewer encountered some issues loading this report

Hi there, i am using api's built with lumen in the back end.

here is the html code  :-

<div id="container" ej-reportviewer e-reportserviceurl="samplevalue" e-reportpath="path" e-processingmode="mode" e-datasources="ds"></div>

and here is the angularjs code :-

$scope.samplevalue = 'http://ssrs.syncfusion.com/ReportingWebAPIService/api/SSRSReport';
  $scope.path = 'C:/Users/Delta/Downloads/InvoiceDemo/Report/GroupingAgg.rdl';
  $scope.mode = ej.ReportViewer.ProcessingMode.Remote;
  $scope.ds = [{
      values: [
           {
               SalesPersonID: 281, FullName: "Ito", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "South West", Y2002: 0, Y2003: 28000, Y2004: 3018725
           },
           {
               SalesPersonID: 282, FullName: "Saraiva", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "Canada", Y2002: 25000, Y2003: 14000, Y2004: 3189356
           },
           {
               SalesPersonID: 283, FullName: "Cambell", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "North West", Y2002: 12000, Y2003: 13000, Y2004: 1930885
           },
           {
               SalesPersonID: 275, FullName: "Blythe", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "North East", Y2002: 19000, Y2003: 47000, Y2004: 4557045
           },
           {
               SalesPersonID: 276, FullName: "Mitchell", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "South West", Y2002: 28000, Y2003: 46000, Y2004: 5240075
           },
           {
               SalesPersonID: 277, FullName: "Carson", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "Central", Y2002: 33000, Y2003: 49000, Y2004: 3857163
           },
           {
               SalesPersonID: 278, FullName: "Vargas", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "Canada", Y2002: 11000, Y2003: 14000, Y2004: 1764938
           },
           {
               SalesPersonID: 279, FullName: "Reiter", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "South East", Y2002: 32000, Y2003: 26000, Y2004: 2811012
           }],
      name: "AdventureWorksXMLDataSet"
  }];

5 Replies

RK Ravi Kumar Gurunathan Syncfusion Team July 24, 2017 02:20 PM UTC

Hi Hussain, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

$scope.samplevalue = 'http://ssrs.syncfusion.com/ReportingWebAPIService/api/SSRSReport'; 
  $scope.path = 'C:/Users/Delta/Downloads/InvoiceDemo/Report/GroupingAgg.rdl'; 
The mentioned issue occurred in the reportviewer control due to mismatch between online reportservice url, local report path and datasource values are passed to the “RDL” (Remote) report type. So, we suggest you follow the below steps to configure or initialize the reportviewer control. 

1. SSRS Reportviewer configuration:
  1. If the reportservice is online url, then the reportpath should be from online as shown below snippet.
                $scope.path =  "/SSRSSamples/Territory Sales", 

1. Local directory RDL report path:
  1. If you need to load local directory report, then the reportservice should be from local url as shown in below snippet.
              $scope.samplevalue = "/api/ReportApi"; 
                $scope.path =  '~/App_Data/Sales Dashboard.rdl' 

$scope.ds = [{ 
      values: [ 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 281, FullName: "Ito", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "South West", Y2002: 0, Y2003: 28000, Y2004: 3018725 
           }, 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 282, FullName: "Saraiva", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "Canada", Y2002: 25000, Y2003: 14000, Y2004: 3189356 
           }, 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 283, FullName: "Cambell", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "North West", Y2002: 12000, Y2003: 13000, Y2004: 1930885 
           }, 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 275, FullName: "Blythe", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "North East", Y2002: 19000, Y2003: 47000, Y2004: 4557045 
           }, 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 276, FullName: "Mitchell", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "South West", Y2002: 28000, Y2003: 46000, Y2004: 5240075 
           }, 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 277, FullName: "Carson", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "Central", Y2002: 33000, Y2003: 49000, Y2004: 3857163 
           }, 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 278, FullName: "Vargas", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "Canada", Y2002: 11000, Y2003: 14000, Y2004: 1764938 
           }, 
           { 
               SalesPersonID: 279, FullName: "Reiter", Title: "Sales Representative", SalesTerritory: "South East", Y2002: 32000, Y2003: 26000, Y2004: 2811012 
           }], 
      name: "AdventureWorksXMLDataSet" 
  }]; 
The report processing mode is set as Remote, then we should not pass local datasource values to the report and the report should be RDL file. 

If you need to pass the local datasource values to report, then the report should be RDLC file and processing mode should be Local as shown in below code snippet. 

$scope.samplevalue =  "/api/ReportApi", 
                    $scope.mode = ej.ReportViewer.ProcessingMode.Local, 
                     $scope.path =   'Product List.rdlc', 
                    $scope.dataSources = [{ 
                        value: [ 
                        { 
                            ProductName: "Baked Chicken and Cheese", OrderId: "323B60", Price: 55, Category: "Non-Veg", Ingredients: "Grilled chicken, Corn and Olives.", ProductImage: "" 
                        }, 
                        { 
                            ProductName: "Chicken Delite", OrderId: "323B61", Price: 100, Category: "Non-Veg", Ingredients: "Cheese, Chicken chunks, Onions & Pineapple chunks.", ProductImage: "" 
                        }, 
                        { 
                            ProductName: "Chicken Tikka", OrderId: "323B62", Price: 64, Category: "Non-Veg", Ingredients: "Onions, Grilled chicken, Chicken salami & Tomatoes.", ProductImage: "" 
                        }], 
                        name: "list" 
                    }] 
                }); 

For more details, follow our below help documentation link. 

Ravi kumar G 

HU Hussain July 26, 2017 08:00 AM UTC

Thanks for answering.

i am developing a financial application which should contain reports with header (image + text ) : which should appear only on first page, body(data table) : if there is grouped columns or summary rows also should appear in the report, and footer(text) : it should appear in every page.

i am using ionic in front end and lumen(light version of laravel which built with php) in back end, but i noticed in a simple project which i downloaded it from your web site that the sample value ($scope.samplevalue = 'C:/Users/Delta/Downloads/InvoiceDemo/Api/ReportApiController.cs') is written with C# which is not compatible with lumen.

now i am wondering about 2 points :
     1- is it possible to write report api with php not C#.
     2- is the file.rdlc who decide the inner shape of the report ? if yes how can i design my own file.rdlc

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team July 27, 2017 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Hussain, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

is it possible to write report api with php not C#. 
i am using ionic in front end and lumen(light version of laravel which built with php) in back end, but i noticed in a simple project which i downloaded it from your web site that the sample value ($scope.samplevalue = 'C:/Users/Delta/Downloads/InvoiceDemo/Api/ReportApiController.cs') is written with C# which is not compatible with lumen. 
Our ReportViewer control requires the WebAPI service to process the report and render the report at JS side based on processed result, so rendering in PHP application without C# coding is not supported. We have planned to provide this support in cross platforms using .net core and already logged feature report for this. It is planned for the completion in month of October and can be expected in Volume 4, 2017 release which is tentatively scheduled to be released in the month October. 

is the file.rdlc who decide the inner shape of the report ? if yes how can i design my own file.rdlc 
i am developing a financial application which should contain reports with header (image + text ) : which should appear only on first page, body(data table) : if there is grouped columns or summary rows also should appear in the report, and footer(text) : it should appear in every page. 
You can set expression (with pagenumber/total page gloabls) to the visibility property of the report item present inside the header/footer to show hide based on your conditions as shown in below screenshot.  

Please refer to the below MSDN documentation link for more detail, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

HU Hussain October 7, 2017 09:21 AM UTC

Hi there, did yo figured out a way to create the report i mentioned previously with angularjs in front-end and php in back-end

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team October 9, 2017 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Hussain, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

In previous update, we have shared ASP.NET Core feature information for ReportViewer control. Currently we don’t have support to render the ReportViewer control in PHP as back-end source. Based on your request, we will consider this as a feature request and it will be available in any of our upcoming release.  

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon