We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error: Unknown server tag 'ej:CustomContexMenuItems'.

Hi
I'm using the ej:Grid and I want to add Custom Context Menu.
Why do I get this error: Unknown server tag 'ej:CustomContexMenuItems'.?

My page:
<%@ Register assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Web, Version=14.1460.0.46, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Web" tagprefix="ej" %>

<ej:Grid ID="Grid1" runat="server" AllowTextWrap="true" AllowPaging="true" AllowResizing="true" AllowSorting="true" AllowFiltering="true">
    <ClientSideEvents QueryCellInfo="GridQueryCellInfo" RecordDoubleClick="RecordDoubleClick" ContextClick="contextClick"/>
    <ContextMenuSettings EnableContextMenu="true" DisableDefaultItems="true">
        <CustomContextMenuItem>
            <ej:CustomContexMenuItems Id="clear" Text="Clear Selection" /> 
        </CustomContextMenuItem>
    </ContextMenuSettings>
</ej:Grid>

Thanks,
   Tomer

3 Replies

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 20, 2017 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Tomer, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We checked your code example and found that the issue is due to the missing reference of the Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models namespace in the page. The ej:CustomContexMenuItems is available in Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models  namespace from Syncfusion.EJ assembly. So,  please add the below line either in your ASPX page or web.config to resolve this issue. 

ASPX 
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.EJ, Version=14.1460.0.46, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models" TagPrefix="ej" %> 
(or) 
Web.config 

<add namespace="Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models" assembly="Syncfusion.EJ, Version=14.1460.0.46, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" tagPrefix="ej" /> 

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

TO tomer July 20, 2017 10:14 AM UTC

19/5000
Works like a charm. Thanks.

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 21, 2017 03:56 AM UTC

Hi Tomer, 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been solved. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon