We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dotnetnuke - does not contain a definition for 'EJ'

Hello,

I have created a standard module for dotnetnuke and install the syncfusion nuget packages mvc5 version15.2.0.43 in the project.

All compilation works fine, I have solved the pb with node.js and typescript, followed all the procedures from syncfusion and add all the references, assemblies, namespaces etc....

Everything should be fine but as soon as i place :@Html.EJ().DatePicker("MyFirstDatepicker") or@Html.EJ().ScriptManager() I got this error on the page no matter what I do:

'DotNetNuke.Web.Mvc.Helpers.DnnHtmlHelper>' does not contain a definition for 'EJ' and the best extension method overload 'Syncfusion.MVC.EJ.JavaScriptExtension.EJ(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper)' has some invalid arguments

(see screenshot)

If I comment it :@*@Html.EJ().DatePicker("MyFirstDatepicker")*@ it is fine 
( see picture)

If someone with a working development env of dotnetnuke could drop my module inside it and help me with that it would be awesome. 

It is very easy to setup a dev env of dotnetnuke: https://youtu.be/HybcKCWCj1Q

I have hosted the zip file of the module there: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mr91TUZA7mYnlGUXRmR0xnWG8

In case someone is interested by the steps to follow (install node.js, angular, typescript etc....) to get a valid installation of syncfusion mvc nugets packages inside dotnetnuke just ask me, it took me more than one day to figure out everything and I would be happy to help because it was very annoying.

Many Thanks,

Damien Boissat

11 Replies

DB Damien Boissat July 3, 2017 02:34 PM UTC

Damien

PK Prem Kumar Madhan Raj Syncfusion Team July 4, 2017 08:24 AM UTC

Hi Damien, 
We are happy to hear that an issue is fixed. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Prem Kumar. M 

AA A. Ashton replied to Prem Kumar Madhan Raj December 30, 2018 03:10 PM UTC

Hi Damien, 
We are happy to hear that an issue is fixed. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Prem Kumar. M 

Add SyncFusion controls to DNN Module requires  a few changes :

1. Change Controller Class to inherit  DnnController   
using DotNetNuke.Web.Mvc.Framework.Controllers;

2. Modify the paths in  _layout.cshtml   and  _ViewStart.cshtml
 Eg.  @Styles.Render("~/DesktopModules/MVC/EssentialJS2MvcApplication1/Content/css")

3. Ensure WebConfig  in the Views folder matches the SyncFusion required  namespaces and  pageBaseType  

Eg.  <pages pageBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage">

DL Deepa Loganathan Syncfusion Team December 31, 2018 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Damien,  

Thank you for the valuable information. 

We will analyze further and publish a Knowledge base shortly explaining the complete steps required to configure DotNetNuke module for integrating EJ components. 

Please let us know if you have any further concerns. 

Regards,  
Deepa L. 

MA Manent February 4, 2020 04:32 PM UTC

Hello Prem Kumar

i'm interested in the knowledge base you were refering for integrating syncfusion within DNN module as i'm starting a project that shall require it.

if not yet available, i will  use Damien's input (thank's to him !)

Regards

Emmanuel

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 5, 2020 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Emmanuel, 

We have not yet published the knowledge base for configuring DotNetNuke module for integrating EJ components.  You can make use of the solution suggested by Damien for achieving this requirement.  

Please, reach us if you face any problems on implementing the solution. We will be happy to assist you. 

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

MA Manent February 6, 2020 06:20 AM UTC

Hi shameer

looks not so easy for me...
i went to 
create and build OK a module using template

provided by chris
i verify compil/build  OK

then, using nuget, i add 

but then right after adding i get many compile errors (see below)

Damien noted 
All compilation works fine, I have solved the pb with node.js and typescript, followed all the procedures from syncfusion and add all the references, assemblies, namespaces etc....

where can i find this tuning procedures as i think i still have some work to do before to get to the "expert" solutions  provided by A. Ashton

Regards

DB Damien Boissat February 6, 2020 07:07 AM UTC

Hi Emmanuel,

It is an old post and I don't remember very much about it, but maybe the tuning procedures I was talking about are there :https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/configuration-and-deployment

Maybe you can try to download and use my "SampleMVC.zip" from this page, and use winmerge or sth like that to compare with your own.

Regards,
Damien

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 7, 2020 10:14 AM UTC

Hi Emmanuel, 

Please follow the instructions given in the below KB link to resolve the issue at your end.    

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

MA Manent February 9, 2020 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Shameer 

it did work !
project is compiling now with your trick after adding nugget package

you can note this for further users os vs2019/dnn module template/ syncfusion by nuget package

thank's for all

and thank's damien for trying to help me, i think nuget was not  the prefered way of setting up a syncfusion powered project when you've done it .

Emmanuel

MK Muthukrishnan Kandasamy Syncfusion Team February 10, 2020 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Manent, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that given solution works. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukrishnan K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon