We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Build Error 'Syncfusion_Calculate_CalcEngine_ComputeBahtText_string'

Hi,I am using xlsio portable and in visual studio mac when i try to debug the application in iphone5 i get the following errorerror MT5209 : Native linking error : don't know how to convert instruction ec27a020 referencing _mono_create_corlib_exception_1.island.2 to thumb in'Syncfusion_Calculate_CalcEngine_ComputeBahtText_string' from /*/iphone5.2-10.3.2/mtouch-cache/armv7s/Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable.dll.o for architecture armv7sThe error is happening only in debug build, release build works fine in the devices.How can i fix this?Thanks

1 Reply

MM Mathu Mohan Vijayakumar Syncfusion Team June 19, 2017 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Balasubramanian,    

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.    

The following solution is given by Xamarin support to overcome the issue.  

When using Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable class library in iOS application, the following settings must be done to execute in iOS devices.

Visual Studio (Recommended):   

1.      Link behavior: Link SDK assemblies only (otherwise classes you need in Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable.dll are linked away).    

2.      Enable debugging: Unchecked (this is to create a smaller binary, since adding debug information makes it somewhat bigger).    

Applying these settings will execute the application properly in iOS device.     
You might face the following issues, if the above mentioned build options are missed out.     
·         You might get "Native linking error" while compiling.     
·         You might face runtime Exception ("System.TypeInitializationException").     

You can also refer to the ReadMe file for older Xamarin Studio version in the following link.  

Note: This issue has been rectified in the sixth generation devices.    

Regards,    
Mathu Mohan V A  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon