We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Localization of "No events" in MonthInlineView

Hi,

is it possible to localize "No events" text in MonthInlineView?
Also to don't display MonthInlineView, if no events are present is possible workaround for me.

Thanks
Jaromir

4 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 23, 2017 01:59 PM UTC

Hi Jaromir, 

Yes, you can localize the Schedule Month Inline View string “No Events” in Xamarin Forms. By setting the required localized string to the string of “No events” in the Resource (for Android) and Custom String for iOS. We have prepared sample based on your requirement, please find the below sample. 

Please let us know, if you have any query on this. 

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V.    

EM Emil June 15, 2017 09:35 PM UTC

Hi, your sample is just overwriting english text but he is asking how to localize it. if i use german, text should be german, if i use english, it should be english. Is there a way to achieve this please?I tried using values as described here https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfschedule/localizationI created values-de and strings.xml under itbut it doesnt pick up. I always see english text which is in values folder strings.xmlIn your sample it shows "No events" but above you say "No_Appointments". which one is the correct one?thanks,Emil 

EM Emil June 16, 2017 11:07 AM UTC

Actually sample in the link is working when I change the language of the phone. Problem I am having is that I have options that user can change the language inside the app. How can I override myself "No event" when user decides different language than phone's OS? 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 20, 2017 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thank you for the update. 

As per the implementation, Schedule control has complete localization support for all the calendar elements such as Date, Time, days. For Custom strings, such as Appointment, InlineView string (AllDay, No Events) will not be localized as default, as we mentioned in the earlier update it can be localized by own custom strings. You can handle text / number by your own for those custom strings, as of now changing the custom strings based on the system / device local with the multiple language in the sample level cannot be achieved. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon