We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue activating unobstrusive mode. Controls stop showing up even after following user manual steps

https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/unobtrusive
I followed these steps so in my layout manager I have between head tags the followings :

@Styles.Render("~/Content/css")
@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/modernizr")
@Styles.Render("~/Content/ej/web/bootstrap-theme/ej.web.all.min.css")
@Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.web.all.min.js")

In the HTML webpage I can see both scripts, I tried swithing the order but nothing.

@Html.EJ().DropDownList(nameof(Model.DomainModel.MotherID)).Datasource(@Model.PossibleMothers).DropDownListFields(df => df.Text("Tag").Value("Id"))

Will only show a basic html input

3 Replies

KV Karthikeyan Viswanathan Syncfusion Team May 15, 2017 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect that you missed to add the ej.unobtrusive.js file for unobtrusive mode rendering. Please refer to the below code example: 

<code> 

@Styles.Render("~/Content/ej/web/default-theme/ej.web.all.min.css") 
    @Scripts.Render("~/bundles/modernizr") 
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/jquery-3.1.1.min.js") 
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/jsrender.min.js") 
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js") 
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/ej.unobtrusive.min.js") 

</code> 

Refer to the help documentation link: https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/unobtrusive  

Regards, 
Karthikeyan V. 

JD Jonathan Dorval May 15, 2017 09:51 AM UTC

Hello! I found the problem.
By default it seems like in the mvc generated layout view, jquery is referenced at the bottom of the page.

When I moved the jquery script rendering to the top just above the syncfusion unobstrusive and ej.min it started work

Thanks for the reply !!

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team May 16, 2017 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please get back to us if you require any further assistance on this, we will be happy to assist you 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon