We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Snapping to TimeInterval, automatic IntervalHeight and disabling edition for recurring appointments

Hi,

I have few questions regarding the SfSchedule control (WPF). Your assitance is greatly appreciated.

- How can I snap the appointments to the closest TimeInterval when dragging it? I saw this thread but wasn't able to find a solution: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/116075/snapping-to-timeinterval

- Setting "AllowEdit" property to false prevent from the appointment editor to open on double click. However when double-clicking on a recurring event, a message box appears asking if I want to open this specific occurrence or the full serie. How can I prevent this message box to appear?

- Is there a way to make the SfSchedule automatically adapt the IntervalHeight property to the available space, especially when the windows is resized?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Vincent

3 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 5, 2017 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Vincent, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Query 1: Dragging appointment within TimeInterval 
Your requirement of positioning the Appointment (StartTime) within the TimeInterval instead of resizing it in Schedule WPF, can be achieved by using AppointmentEndDragging event in the Schedule. Using this event, you can get the Appointment details while dragging the Appointment, from that you can modify the selected Appointment position (StartTime) based on TimeInterval. We have prepared sample based on your requirement, please refer the below sample. 

Query 2: Disabling recurrence flyout  
As of now, the mentioned support to disable the Recurrence flyout is not available in Schedule WPF. 

Query 3: Resizing the Schedule TimeInterval based in the Window Size 
Your requirement of resizing the Schedule TimeInterval based on the output window size can be achieved by setting Schedule Interval height in SizeChanged event in Schedule. Please refer the below code example, 

private void SfSchedule_SizeChanged(object sender, SizeChangedEventArgs e) 
        { 
            // TimeInterval - 1 Hour (per day 24) 
            // Schedule Header Height - 80 
            schedule.IntervalHeight =( e.NewSize.Height-80) / 24; 
        } 

We have included the same in the provide sample as well, could you please check and let us know if you have any query on this. 

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V.    

VI Vincent May 5, 2017 05:09 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you very much! Your solution works perfectly.

Do you know if disabling the recurrence flyout will be supported in a future release?

Regards,

Vincent

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team May 8, 2017 01:47 PM UTC

Hi Vincent, 

Thanks for the Update. 

We have logged the feature request “disable the recurrence flyout” for schedule WPF in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release. We will let you know once the implementation has done.  

Regards, 
Sivakumar P  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon