We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Summary type Sum returning zero.

I have a grid which is displaying data fine and now I'm adding a summary row, but the summary row is coming out as zero. I've just applied globalisation to the site to get the correct currency symbol, it was working before I did that. I'm trying to total on the Balance value, which is Decimal in the viewmodel. 

Here's the grid CSHTML:

<div class="row">
    <div class="col-xs-12">
        <ej-grid accesskey="" id="OustandingTransactionGrid" show-summary="true"
                 datasource=@Model.OutstandingTransactionList
                 allow-paging="true"
                 allow-scrolling="true"
                 allow-sorting="true"
                 is-responsive="true"
                 enable-responsive-row="true"
                 locale="@System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.Name.ToString()"
                 allow-resize-to-fit="true">
            <e-summary-rows>
                <e-summary-row title="Outstanding Balance">
                    <e-summary-columns>
                        <e-summary-column summary-type="Sum" format="{0:C}" display-column="Type" data-member="Balance" />
                    </e-summary-columns>
                </e-summary-row>
            </e-summary-rows>
            <e-columns>
                <e-column field="TransactionDate" header-text="Date" text-align="Left" width=@("15%") format="{0:dd/MM/yyyy}" priority="1"></e-column>
                <e-column field="Type" header-text="Type" width=@("12%") priority="1"></e-column>
                <e-column field="Reference1" header-text="Reference 1" width=@("25%") priority="2"></e-column>
                <e-column field="Reference2" header-text="Reference 2" width=@("25%") priority="2"></e-column>
                <e-column field="Value" header-text="Value" text-align="Right" width=@("10%") format="{0:C2}" type="number" priority="2"></e-column>
                <e-column field="Balance" header-text="Balance" text-align="Right" width=@("10%") format="{0:C2}" type="number" priority="1"></e-column>
            </e-columns>
        </ej-grid>
    </div>

</div>

Thanks

3 Replies

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Alan, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
We went through your code example and found that you are declaring the dataMember property as data-member instead of datamember. This is the cause of the issue. So, we suggest you to change that property to datamember from data-member. Please find the code example, 
Code example
<ej-grid id="Grid" datasource="@ViewBag.dataSource" allow-paging="true" > 
. . . 
    <e-summary-rows> 
        <e-summary-row title="Outstanding Balance"> 
            <e-summary-columns> 
                <e-summary-column summary-type="Sum" format="{0:C}" display-column="Freight" datamember="Freight" /> 
            </e-summary-columns> 
        </e-summary-row> 
    </e-summary-rows> 
    <e-columns> 
. . . 
        </e-column> 

</e-columns> 
</ej-grid> 

Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

AB Alan Bourke April 20, 2017 10:08 AM UTC

Thanks Venkatesh, that has fixed it.

You probably need to fix your documentation here.

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team April 21, 2017 08:53 AM UTC

Hi Alan, 
Thanks for the update. 
We have already fixed that documentation and it will be live on our upcoming Volume 2 release which is expected to be rolled out at end of April,2017.  
Regards, 
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon