We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean System.Type.op_Equality(System.Type, System.Type)'.

Hi, 

I am getting an error while trying to add a syncfusion control (datepicker) in a view. 

The code I have is as follows: 
<div>
    <ej-date-picker id="datepicker" value="@DateTime.Now"></ej-date-picker>
</div>

I am including necesary namespaces in _ViewImports.cshtml
@using Syncfusion.JavaScript
@addTagHelper "*, Syncfusion.EJ"

I followed the "Getting Started" instructions and everything compiles correctly, but at runtime it throws the following exception: 

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean System.Type.op_Equality(System.Type, System.Type)'.
  • System.ComponentModel.DefaultValueAttribute..ctor(Type type, string value)

• System.Reflection.CustomAttribute._CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule pModule, IRuntimeMethodInfo pCtor, Byte** ppBlob, Byte* pEndBlob, Int32* pcNamedArgs)

• System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule module, IRuntimeMethodInfo ctor, ref IntPtr blob, IntPtr blobEnd, out int namedArgs)

• System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, int decoratedMetadataToken, int pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, bool mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, bool isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)

• System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimePropertyInfo property, RuntimeType caType)

• System.Attribute.InternalGetCustomAttributes(PropertyInfo element, Type type, bool inherit)

• Syncfusion.JavaScript.Shared.Serializer.SerializeObject.GetAttribute(PropertyInfo property, string type)

• Syncfusion.JavaScript.Shared.Serializer.SerializeObject.BuildJsonDictionary(object obj)

• Syncfusion.JavaScript.Shared.Serializer.SerializeObject.SerializeToJson(object inputObject)

• Syncfusion.JavaScript.EJTagHelper.RenderControl(TagHelperContext context, TagHelperOutput output)

• Syncfusion.JavaScript.EJTagHelper.Process(TagHelperContext context, TagHelperOutput output)

• Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.TagHelpers.TagHelper.ProcessAsync(TagHelperContext context, TagHelperOutput output)

• Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Runtime.TagHelpers.TagHelperRunner+<RunAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

• System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

I have tried creating a new project and followed same steps and it works, but somehow it doesn't work in my actual project where I intend to incorporate syncfusion controls. 

Please help in avoiding this issue, or how to check the real cause. 

Thanks
Jair

9 Replies

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team April 6, 2017 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Jair, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

The reported issue might be occurred due to lingering of old assembly in your application. So, please ensure latest assemblies are deployed and no duplicate old assemblies are referred. 

To resolve this kind of issues, please try out the below suggestion: 

·       Clear bin and obj folders exists in the application directory. 
·       Restart the Visual Studio, then clean the solution and rebuild the application. 

If still you have any issue, please share the below details. 
·       Whether you are using VS2015 or VS2017 to create the ASP.NET Core application. 
·       If you have VS2015, share your project. json file and share the screenshot of references that has been referred in Solution Explorer tab. 
·       If you have VS2017, share your .csproj file. This will be helpful for us to analyze and provide a solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Francis Paul A. 

JP Jair Piedrahita April 7, 2017 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Francis, 

Thank you for your response. I did as suguested, but still getting same error. However, I noticed that during compilation, Visual Studio is showing some information message: 
Project Bancavalor (.NETCoreApp,Version=v1.0) will be compiled because project is not safe for incremental compilation. Use --build-profile flag for more information.
1>  Compiling Bancavalor for .NETCoreApp,Version=v1.0
1>  Compilation succeeded.
1>      0 Warning(s)
1>      0 Error(s)
1>  Time elapsed 00:00:20.5845150
1>   (The compilation time can be improved. Run "dotnet build --build-profile" for more information)
========== Recompilar todo: 1 correctos, 0 incorrectos, 0 omitidos ==========
According to what you said, the problem might be here, neverless the rest of the application is working fine. Please help in avoiding this issue. 
I am attaching the requested information. I am working in Visual Studio 2015. 

Thanks 

JP Jair Piedrahita April 7, 2017 06:28 AM UTC

Is not allowing to attach. So I can send by mail to support@syncfusion.com, or is there any other address?. 

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team April 7, 2017 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Jair, 

Can you please remove the directory ‘bin’ and ‘obj’ from the application and then try to attach the sample in the incident? If still you have any issue, please upload the project in Google Drive and share the link to us. Once you have shared the link, we will check and respond to you as soon as possible. 

Regards, 
Francis Paul A. 

JP Jair Piedrahita April 7, 2017 08:23 AM UTC

Hi Francis, 

I have updated the project in google drive. Kindly check an please try to help me know what is the issue :/  The URL is https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-U8s9G9H-E8ZE9OTV9Md0tOUEk. 
I am trying to use a datepicker control in ~/Home/Controls view. The rest of the application, as I said before, is working fine. 

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Jair

PN Preethi Nesakkan Gnanadurai Syncfusion Team April 7, 2017 08:52 AM UTC

Sent: Friday, April 7, 2017 2:30 AM
To: Syncfusion Support <support@syncfusion.com>
Subject: Re: Syncfusion support community forum 129824, System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean System.Type.op_Equality(System.Type, System.Type)'., has been updated.

Attaching requested information.  

---
Jair 

Project

FP Francis Paul Antony Raj Syncfusion Team April 12, 2017 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Jair, 

We have created a separate incident for this query under your account. Can you please login into our Direct Trac support system for further updates on this query. Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link: 

Regards, 
Francis Paul A. 

JP Jair Piedrahita April 13, 2017 06:17 AM UTC

OK Francis, Thanks a lot! 

SN Sasikala Nagarajan Syncfusion Team April 14, 2017 04:03 PM UTC

Hi
Thanks for the update, Please let us know if you need any further assistance,
Regards,
Sasikala Nagarajan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon