We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Autocomplete can't handle more than ~60 suggestions

Hello,

First I'd like to let you know that you seem to have a new bug in your community forums. It used to be that you could unselect the 'All' checkbox, and then all the other controls would become unchecked. Then you could simply click the checkbox for the control you were interested in, and you would see onlyt the forum items for that control.

Now, when you check the 'All' checkbox, all the other controls remain checked, and the forum list displays "no records to display". The only way you can see forum entries for your desired control is to uncheck all of the other controls - a very time consuming process. I have tried this with IE, Edge and Chrome.

On to my issue! I'm using the Autocomplete control feeding its datasource with contentItem.value.data. I notice that it works correctly, but if the amount of suggestions approach 60, it starts to only show some, not all of the possible suggestions. I had distinct and sort turned on and the table used for the suggestions has about 3000 records, creating about 215 distinct suggestions. I thought that perhaps the distinct and sort were causing problems with so many records, so I wired up the control to work with a distinct sorted SQL view of the table, and turned distinct and sort off. It didn't help at all. I type in letter A, and get about 15 suggestions. Use B and C and get the same. D through the rest of the alphabet shows no suggestions. If I remove most of the rows in my table so that I have about 50 distinct suggestions, then the control works perfectly.

Is there anything I can do to allow the Autocomplete control to buffer more suggestions? My need for at least 215 suggestions is only about 5 - 10 suggestions for each letter of the alphabet - that doesn't seem like an exessive requirement. I am using the latest version of your libarary of controls - 15.1.0.37

Thank you,

Stephen Barash

2 Replies

SB Stephen Barash March 23, 2017 08:33 PM UTC

Okay, I made a stupid mistake. I should have realized that I need to disable Lightswitch's paging by unchecking the paging property on my lightswitch datasource for the suggestions. You can close this post.

However, you do still have that forum bug I mentioned...

Stephen

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team March 24, 2017 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for Contacting Syncfusion support. 
Query1:”First I'd like to let you know that you seem to have a new bug in your community forums. It used to be that you could unselect the 'All' checkbox, and then all the other controls would become unchecked. Then you could simply click the checkbox for the control you were interested in, and you would see onlyt the forum items for that control.Now, when you check the 'All' checkbox, all the other controls remain checked, and the forum list displays "no records to display". The only way you can see forum entries for your desired control is to uncheck all of the other controls - a very time consuming process. I have tried this with IE, Edge and Chrome.” 
A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Query2:” Autocomplete can’t handle more than ~60 suggestions”. 

We are glad that your issue has been resolved.    

Please let us know if you have any queries in future. 

Regards, 
Arun P. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon