We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Columns: support a "more" concept for a column.

I would like to display say 20 cards and have a link to display "more" if there are more cards available.   So either the additional cards are already available, or they is a data bind that allows me to add more cards.  I suppose this could be a variation on filtering?

6 Replies

RK Rajesh Kumar Anburajan Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 03:11 PM UTC

Hi Eric Griffith, 

Thanks for contacting syncfusion support. 

We are validating your reported requirement(Columns:support a "more" concept for a column) with high priority and we will update you by tomorrow.(March 14,2017). 

Regards, 
Rajesh kumar.A 

RK Rajesh Kumar Anburajan Syncfusion Team March 14, 2017 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Eric Griffith,

We have analyzed your requirement for "
Columns: support a more concept for a column". As this feature is not available in our product, we will consider this a feature request. If you could confirm some specific details, it would help us to implement the feature in line with your requirement.

Regards,

Rajesh kumar Anburajan 

RP Ranjani Prabhakaran Syncfusion Team March 17, 2017 04:18 AM UTC

Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:54 PM
To: Syncfusion Support <support@syncfusion.com>
Subject: RE: Syncfusion support community forum 129308, Columns: support a &quot;more&quot; concept for a column., has been updated.

I would like to be about to the following. 

For a column, configure if the “show more” option is available.  This way only certain columns would make this available. 

For a board, configure the wording of “show more”.  Could use “more”, “more…”, “show more”, “…” as examples. 

For a column, configure the number of cards before the “show more” would be available.  Something like MaximumNumberDisplayedCards. 

For a column, maybe really board, set the number of cards “show more” adds per click.  I could see that the “show more” click increments the column MaximumNumberDisplayedCards which causes the redraw.  

So, imagine you drag a card into a column that has the “show more” and it’s max is 10.  This new card is 11.  The “show more” would become available.  The 11th card would disappear.   

I do think that I would want an event handler to call to get the “more” cards.  So, it would post the columnkey and the current max, and the next number.   

It would be able to get the cards, add them to the column.   

I guess some developers would just want to load all the cards within the browser and not be burden by the event handler call. 

I hope this adds a little more clarification. 

Regards, Eric 

RK Rajesh Kumar Anburajan Syncfusion Team March 17, 2017 12:54 PM UTC

Hi Eric Griffith, 

Thanks for your update. 

As per the details given , we understand the requirement of “Loading cards with On-demand” and you can find the image representation of the feature from the below. We can get initial loading of cards for control wise and while clicking more button in specific column ,remaining ( specified dynamic loading card count ) will be loaded for that column alone.  

The example link given by you is not working. If possible , please share the working demo link so that we could check and analyze to cover all the specific requirement from the demo. 
Please Let us know if any queries. 
Regards, 

Rajesh Kumar. A  

EG Eric Griffith April 12, 2017 05:36 PM UTC

I missed your last response. Yes, your mock-up is structurally what I am describing.  The example url I provided above was for the REST call I envision for getting the additional cards.  It is not operational.  Obviously, there are many ways to implement, but the basic requirement is that I can "GET" the "more" cards when clicked.

Regards, Eric

BS Buvana Sathasivam Syncfusion Team April 13, 2017 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have considered the requirement “Virtual loading of cards” as feature request.  Currently this feature is not available. However, we have added it to our feature request list and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases.  

Please let us know if you have any further queries. 

Regards, 
Buvana S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon