We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Different versions of different packages cant be installed on UWP if they share same dependency dlls

Hi,

I have an interesting experience. I am not sure if that is only on UWP or can be also reproduced on Andorid or IOS. but  on UWP, i get error below when I try to build,

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0433 The type 'XamlMetaDataProvider' exists in both 'Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP, Version=15.1460.0.33, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' and 'Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP, Version=15.1460.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'  

This occurs because I have 2 tools installed. SfSchedule and SfNumericUpDown. Both has shared dependency dll which is SfShared.UWP. I have SfSchedule as 15.1.0.37 installed because of bug fixing. SfNumericUpDown installed as 15.1.0.33. thats why it is conflicting.
Of course I can upgrade SfNumericUpDown  to newest version to fix the problem but sometimes when you have your app in the market, you do updates more carefully. you need to test it fully. 
I mean this is not a crucial problem for me but I just wanted to bring it to your attention if you can find a workaround for it.

Thanks,

Emil

1 Reply

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 6, 2017 07:18 AM UTC

Hi Emil,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Based on the provided information we have checked your query with using the different version products (SfSchedule v15.1.033 and SfNumericTexBox v15.1.0.37) in the same project. Since which is not a recommendable one, you must use the same version of the products in the project. Are you facing any issue while updating both the products to the same version (latest version)? Please let us know, if you are facing any issues with the project with the issue details, we will check on it and provide you the solution.

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon