We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error: 0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: '$' is undefined

Hi guys,

I encountered an issue with my DatePicker when I debug my solution.

It returned the following message to me.

0x800a1391 - JavaScript runtime error: '$' is undefined

May I know what is wrong with it? I didn't do any special modification, except for date format dd/mm/yyyy format.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

12 Replies

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 14, 2017 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Jenson, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

The error arises when jQuery script file is not referenced in the corresponding web application.  
To render the EJ ASP.NET controls, refer to the base jQuery script before the Syncfusion scripts, as 
“ej.web.all.min.js” and other EJ scripts depend on jQuery script file. Ensure the order of adding script references to avoid errors with dependent script files. 

For more information, please visit the below link. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.  

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S 

JC Jenson Chew replied to Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig February 15, 2017 02:50 AM UTC

Hi Jenson, 

The error arises when jQuery script file is not referenced in the corresponding web application.  
To render the EJ ASP.NET controls, refer to the base jQuery script before the Syncfusion scripts, as 
“ej.web.all.min.js” and other EJ scripts depend on jQuery script file. Ensure the order of adding script references to avoid errors with dependent script files. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.  

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S 

Hi Shameer,

But I'm suing ASP.NET Webform, and I realized that even I've referenced to those files, they still throw me this error message:

0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'ejDatePicker'

I even referenced the file "ej.datepicker.js", and also tried "ej.datepicker.min.js", both failed. (This is on top of all jQuery and ej scripts and CSS reference.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 15, 2017 04:24 PM UTC

Hi Jenson, 

Query: 0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'ejDatePicker' 

Solution: 

We have checked with your query and the above-mentioned exception occurs, when the   Syncfusion component script files are not referred properly. 

In the application, the scripts referred to the folder in which the script files are stored. Make sure that the above-mentioned script files are loaded properly. 

If the issue persists again, please provide more information along with the any screenshot of your code. It will greatly help us to understand the cause of the issue and to find the best solution. 

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S 

JC Jenson Chew replied to Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig February 17, 2017 01:33 AM UTC

Hi Jenson, 

Query: 0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'ejDatePicker' 

Solution: 

We have checked with your query and the above-mentioned exception occurs, when the   Syncfusion component script files are not referred properly. 

In the application, the scripts referred to the folder in which the script files are stored. Make sure that the above-mentioned script files are loaded properly. 

If the issue persists again, please provide more information along with the any screenshot of your code. It will greatly help us to understand the cause of the issue and to find the best solution. 

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S 

Dear Support,

I tried, and get another error in return, may I know what else am I missing here?

0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'ejPropertiesPanel'

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

JC Jenson Chew February 17, 2017 01:48 AM UTC

This is what I've done to the reference section:

<link rel='nofollow' href="Scripts/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<script src="Scripts/jquery-1.10.2.min.js"></script>

<script src="Scripts/jquery.easing.1.3.min.js"></script>

<script src="Scripts/ej.core.min.js"></script>

<script src="Scripts/ej.data.min.js"></script>

<script src="Scripts/ej.globalize.min.js"></script>

<link rel='nofollow' href="Scripts/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<script src="Scripts/ej.datepicker.js"></script>

<script src="Scripts/jsrender.min.js"></script>

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 17, 2017 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Jenson, 
Query: “0x800a01b6 - JavaScript runtime error: Object doesn't support property or method 'ejPropertiesPanel'“ 
ejPropertiesPanel is not an ejComponent and it is used in the Sample Browser for internal design purpose, so there is no need of this for rendering EJ components.  
In your application, if you want to utilize the ejPropertiesPanel for design purpose, then its corresponding script file properties.js must be referred in the header section below dependent script files references required to render ejDatePicker component.  

For example, 

Properties.js file will be available in the following path. 
[Installed Drive]:  
C:\Users\lab\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\14.1.0.41\Web\Samples\Web\Scripts 
Also, if you are referring the file from above location then no need of refer any other dependent files mentioned below in your application, but if you are using this file(properties.js) from JavaScript platform samples location then you need to refer the below files above the properties.js reference, 
·       ej.button.js 
·       ej.togglebutton.js 
·       ej.checkbox.js 
·       ej.radiobutton.js 
·       ej.dropdownlist.js 
·       ej.scroller.js 
Please, refer the CSS reference above the script references.  
Also, while checking with your given code example we have found that you have used “<link rel='nofollow' href="Scripts/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" > twice, it is unnecessary and referring once above the script reference will be enough.  
To know more about the script files and dependencies for ej Components, please refer the following link, 
If the problem persists, please provide us the information about the EJ Product version and visual studio version installed in your machine. And tell us, how you have created ejDatePicker component whether by using Essential studio WebSampleCreator or by using Syncfusion NuGet package and along with its version. 
Also, please provide any screenshot of your code and console error. It will greatly help us to give the solution earlier. 
Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

JC Jenson Chew February 20, 2017 01:10 AM UTC

Dear Support,

My issues still persist.

My version of tools used are:

Syncfusion: 14.4.0.20
Visual Studio: VS 2015 Community Edition
Targeted .NET Framework: 4.6.1

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

JC Jenson Chew replied to Jenson Chew February 20, 2017 02:18 AM UTC

Dear Support,

My issues still persist.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

Attached is the sample project I've created to try out DatePicker

Attachment: WebApplication3_ed9cf8da.7z

JC Jenson Chew replied to Jenson Chew February 20, 2017 02:25 AM UTC

Dear Support,

My issues still persist.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

Attached is the sample project I've created to try out DatePicker

Attachment: WebApplication3_ed9cf8da.7z

On top of that, I have the following new error message on ej.core.min.js

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'height' of undefined or null reference

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 20, 2017 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Jenson, 
Query: “0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'height' of undefined or null reference '“ 
We have checked with your query by analyzing your sample application. In Default.aspx, you have used (“sampleProperties”).PropertiesPanel(); in your script section without including the properties.js script reference in head section (Highlighted with red color in sample image). 

Also, while checking your sample application we found that you are using the functiononSelectedwhich is not bounded with the EJWEB DatePicker component. If you need to get and display the date selected within the div element while selecting any date on EJWEB DatePicker, then specify ClientSideOnSelect(ClientSideOnSelect=onSelected) with DatePicker Component. (Highlighted with blue color in the sample image) 
When rendering our ejComponents, to avoid the JavaScript runtime errors like: ‘$’ is undefined or object doesn’t support property or method or unable to get property ‘height ‘of undefined or null reference, the required script references should be given properly in the head section of the application. 
Please, give the jQuery script reference on top of other script file references. 
For DatePicker, required scripts references are mentioned in the following link as provide in following screenshot. 

Also, to find required the script references for all ejComponents in ASP.NET webforms, follow our help documentation. 

To know about rendering ejDatePicker in ASP.NET webforms, please follow the below link.  

Please, follow the steps mentioned in the last update to include the Properties.js file in your sample application.  
For your convenience, we have attached the corrected sample application provided by you. 
Sample Application: Sample  
If still issue persists, please create an incident with the issue along with sample application, output screenshots, version of NuGet package, Essential studio version and Visual Studio version. 
Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

JC Jenson Chew replied to Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig February 21, 2017 02:28 AM UTC

Hi Jenson, 
Query: “0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'height' of undefined or null reference '“ 
We have checked with your query by analyzing your sample application. In Default.aspx, you have used (“sampleProperties”).PropertiesPanel(); in your script section without including the properties.js script reference in head section (Highlighted with red color in sample image). 

Also, while checking your sample application we found that you are using the functiononSelectedwhich is not bounded with the EJWEB DatePicker component. If you need to get and display the date selected within the div element while selecting any date on EJWEB DatePicker, then specify ClientSideOnSelect(ClientSideOnSelect=onSelected) with DatePicker Component. (Highlighted with blue color in the sample image) 
When rendering our ejComponents, to avoid the JavaScript runtime errors like: ‘$’ is undefined or object doesn’t support property or method or unable to get property ‘height ‘of undefined or null reference, the required script references should be given properly in the head section of the application. 
Please, give the jQuery script reference on top of other script file references. 
For DatePicker, required scripts references are mentioned in the following link as provide in following screenshot. 

Also, to find required the script references for all ejComponents in ASP.NET webforms, follow our help documentation. 

To know about rendering ejDatePicker in ASP.NET webforms, please follow the below link.  

Please, follow the steps mentioned in the last update to include the Properties.js file in your sample application.  
For your convenience, we have attached the corrected sample application provided by you. 
Sample Application: Sample  
If still issue persists, please create an incident with the issue along with sample application, output screenshots, version of NuGet package, Essential studio version and Visual Studio version. 
Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

Dear Shameer,

I encountered the following error and warning when I debug the solution given by you:

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Suppression State

Error

NuGet Package restore failed for project WebApplication3: Unable to find version '14.4.0.20' of package 'Syncfusion.Web.FileFormatsBase'. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\NuGetPackages\: Package 'Syncfusion.Web.FileFormatsBase.14.4.0.20' is not found on source 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\NuGetPackages\'. https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json: Package 'Syncfusion.Web.FileFormatsBase.14.4.0.20' is not found on source 'https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json'. http://nuget.syncfusion.com/aspnet: Error downloading 'Syncfusion.Web.FileFormatsBase.14.4.0.20' from 'http://nuget.syncfusion.com/aspnet'. The HTTP request to 'GET http://nuget.syncfusion.com/nuget_aspnet/nuget/getsyncfusionpackages/aspnet/Packages(Id='Syncfusion.Web.FileFormatsBase',Version='14.4.0.20')' has timed out after 100000ms..

Warning

Some NuGet packages were installed using a target framework different from the current target framework and may need to be reinstalled. Visit http://docs.nuget.org/docs/workflows/reinstalling-packages for more information. Packages affected: Microsoft.ApplicationInsights

WebApplication3

At the same time, I still have the unable to get property ‘height ‘of undefined or null reference when I debug the solution updated by your side.

May I know if I'm missing anything here on the VS and Syncfusion controls?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 21, 2017 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Jenson, 

We have created a new incident under your account regarding this query. Please track that incident for further details by login with your Syncfusion account.  

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon