We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can't install Essential Studio UWP on Windows Server 2016

Hi

I can't installed Essential Studio UWP 14.4.0.20 on my build server - Windows Server 2016. I can build and run UWP apps on Server 2016 but Essential Studio won't allow me to install it. How do I get pass this dialog?

3 Replies

MP Muthusamy Ponraj Syncfusion Team February 10, 2017 03:11 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Currently we have provided UWP platform support for Windows 10 alone.

So, we will check and provide support for Windows Server 2016 and update you ASAP.

Regards,
Muthusamy P.

MM Markus Malz replied to Muthusamy Ponraj August 1, 2017 11:26 AM UTC

Hi James,

Currently we have provided UWP platform support for Windows 10 alone.

So, we will check and provide support for Windows Server 2016 and update you ASAP.

Regards,
Muthusamy P.

Hi, 

I coincidentally found this topic via Google while searching for the minimum system requirements for our new build server.

Some of our business apps still rely on 14.3.0.49 due to some WinRT components. 

Can you provide me more information which versions of Essential Studio are installable on Windows Server 2016 and which one only on Windows 10?

Thanks a lot,

Markus

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team August 2, 2017 04:05 PM UTC

Hi Markus,

V14.3.0.49 Essential Studio is not compatible with Windows Server 2016. Also, all the Essential Studio platforms are installable on Windows 10. We have provided the Windows Server 2016 support for UWP platform from the Essential Studio 2017 Volume 1 Service Pack v15.1.0.37. From this version all the Syncfusion Essential Studio platforms are compatible with Windows Server 2016 also.

Regards,
Manivannan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon