We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to make multiple line charts (32 of them on single window) and run on realtime data with 1 minute intervals

Hi,

I am willing to use Syncfusion to run a screen with many small line charts on a single GUI.
Data for the charts will be fed from a COM port in real-time. And they will be averaged and drawn every minute.
It will be time based chart. Time and value pair will be shown.

Would be kind to provide a head start with some samples how to achieve this?

Regards,
Sener

3 Replies

DD Dharanidharan Dharmasivam Syncfusion Team January 20, 2017 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Sener, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

Since we are not clear with your query we would to know the following details, so that we can provide you the solution sooner. 

·       Are you mentioning 32 line series in a chart or need to render 32 charts with line series. 

For your reference we have attached the real time sample with single series. Kindly find the sample from below location. 

And also we would like to know whether you need to use sparkline control, since you have mentioned small line charts. 

We have also attached the sparkline sample for your reference. Kindly find the sample from below location. 

Dharani. 

SE Sener January 20, 2017 01:52 PM UTC

Hello Dharani,

Thank you for your reaction on my query.

I haven't checked the sample you provided yet since I am away from my development platform.
But, for the sake of being clear what I need, I am quickly replying now.

At first, I am not quite sure how to achieve my goal. This is maybe more relevant to the performance of a particular Syncfusion component of yours.
If you say, 32 lines in one chart would be ideal for this purpose, I will opt to it.
Or, if there is no difference using 32 individual line series charts in terms of performance over the single chart with 32 lines in it, I would opt to that then.
I need to see 32 individual line series data overtime simultaneously from a real-time source after all.

At a glance, maybe the answer is the Sparkline. Or maybe it is not. In fact that, this is why I am asking here what I do need to achieve my goal.
No need to mention I am a quite starter with Syncfusion components.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
Sener

DD Dharanidharan Dharmasivam Syncfusion Team January 23, 2017 08:11 PM UTC

Hi Sener, 

Thanks for your update. 

We suggest that, 32 line series can be displayed within a chart instead of displaying 32 charts. If chart is used, you can able to customize axis, also user interactions such as zooming, context menu, etc can be performed. For your reference, we have prepared a sample which depicts 32 line series in a chart.  For every 1 second, the data will get binded to chart. Kindly find the code snippet below. 

Windows Forms: 

for (var i = 0; i < 32; i++) { 
                ChartSeries series = new ChartSeries(); 
                ChartDataBindModel model = null; 
                model = new ChartDataBindModel(seriesData[i], ("Products" + i)); 
                model.XName = ("Date" + i); 
                model.YNames = new String[] { ("Load" + i) }; 
                series.Style.Interior = new BrushInfo(Color.Blue); 
                series.SeriesModel = model; 
                series.Type = ChartSeriesType.Line; 
                this.chartControl1.Series.Add(series); 
            } 

For your reference we have attached the sample. Kindly find the sample from below link. 

For more information on chart, kindly follow the below link, 

If you use sparkline, then axis customization , user interactions like zooming, etc, can’t be performed. Sparkline is used to display the trend. For more information on sparkline, kindly follow the below link 

Dharani. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon