We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Auto upgrade utility needed: Migrate old Views from MVC synfusion controls to new CORE Syncfusion Tag-helpers

Hello, I would like to suggest a utility for the Syncfusion developer community

I am upgrading my project to CORE, using Syncfusion Control tag-helpers (but I keep missing the options). This is mainly because - the intellisense from fluent chaining syntax @SfGrid().Col()... is now gone!

Can you please plan a syncfusion utility to migrate views that that have

@(Html.EJ().Grid<obj>("grd").Datasource((IEnumerable<obj>)ViewBag.records).IsResponsive()
old syncfusion MVC view syntax @SyncfusionControl().ColName..()... <=> to the new </e-....> //syntax 

Thanks
Mega

3 Replies

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team November 23, 2016 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your query and we have prepared a sample based on your requirement and the same can downloaded from the below link. 

In the sample we have rendered the grid control using HTML Helpers instead of using Tag Helpers. 
Please refer the below code example. 
@{Html.EJ().Grid<object>("Grid") 
                                  .Datasource(ds => ds.Json(ViewBag.data)) 
                                  .AllowPaging() 
                                  .Columns(col => 
                                  { 
                                      col.Field("EmployeeID").HeaderText("EmployeeID").TextAlign(TextAlign.Left).Add(); 
                                      col.Field("CustomerID").HeaderText("CustomerID").TextAlign(TextAlign.Left).Add(); 
                                  }).Render(); 
}   

From the above code example we have rendered the grid in asp.net core. To render the Grid control, it is must to give .Render() in the view page.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Manisankar Durai. 

ME Megatron November 23, 2016 10:40 PM UTC

Hi its good to know .Render will help, but not quite what I was asking.

Because find and replace is not easy when going from MVC 5 to MVC 6, there are many attibute and syntax changes. I was asking to see if there could be an upgrade utility from Syncfusion to parse old Razor view and replace with new CORE TAG HELPER syntax.

thanks

MM Manikandan Mariappan Syncfusion Team November 24, 2016 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Megatron, 

We have checked with your query and created a new incident under your account to track the status of the feature reported in this forum. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Manikandan Mariappan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon