We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Xamarin.Forms SfDataGrid Shrinking issue in UWP Platform

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

127102 Oct 26,2016 09:42 AM UTC Jan 20,2017 12:00 PM UTC Xamarin.Forms 8
Tags: SfDataGrid
Will Ngo
Asked On October 26, 2016 09:42 AM UTC

Hi, 

Data Gird Control works fine normally. But after binding data to the grid on the page init(from constructor), when I try to bind new data from view model to the same grid based on search criteria, the grid gets shrinked (I have attached image as zip).
This happens randomly on the UWP Platform but works very well on Android/iOS Platforms without any issues.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks.. :)

Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms version : 14.2451.0.26

Attachment: GridShrink_ca8d7884.zip

Ashok N [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 26, 2016 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Will,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We have checked your query and SfDataGrid will layout the Columns based on the default column width. So if we run in UWP, grid will look shrunk as the UWP view size is large compared to Android/iOS. You can achieve your requirement by setting SfDataGrid.ColumnSizer as Star in SfDataGrid definition, as in the below code example. Star columnsizer will divide all the GridColumns with equal column width and it fits within the view   
<sfgrid:SfDataGrid x:Name="dataGrid"    
                   ColumnSizer="Star"   
                   ItemsSource="{Binding OrdersInfo}" >   
</sfgrid:SfDataGrid>   

You can also get the get more information about SfDataGrid.ColumnSizer from the below UG link,    

Regards,   
Ashok   

Will Ngo
Replied On October 26, 2016 12:53 PM UTC

Yes. I am using the ColumnSizer Attribute. 

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid  ColumnSizer="Star" AutoGenerateColumns="False" HeaderRowHeight="70" RowHeight="60" SelectionMode="Single">
</syncfusion:SfDataGrid>

Actually the problem does not happen every time. It happens randomly while binding new data to grid from ViewModel

Will Ngo
Replied On October 27, 2016 05:59 AM UTC

In 95% cases sfgrid renders perfectly in UWP.  some time it get shrink (all columns gets shrinks).

Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 27, 2016 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Will,

We noticed that you have created a support incident under your account for the same query. So kindly request you to follow up that incident for further updates.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

Emil
Replied On January 7, 2017 03:23 PM UTC

Hi,

do you have any update or solution for this? I am experiencing same issue

thanks,

Emil

Ashok N [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 9, 2017 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

We were not able to reproduce the reported issue with ColumnSizer is Star in Xamarin.Forms.UWP. We have prepared the sample and attached the working copy of our sample, you can download the same from the below link for your reference. Could you please do revert us by modifying our sample to replicate the issue. Otherwise please share your sample, that would be more helpful for us to proceed further.   

Regards, 
Ashok  

Emil
Replied On January 19, 2017 10:41 PM UTC

Hi Will,

I figured out problem in my case. Case below doesnt happen on Android but only on UWP (not sure about IOS, I havent tested yet).
In my case, I have navigation like below

ListItems Page( where i have sfdatagridview) ---> ItemDetails Page (where I can modify item) 

For the navigation below, if I have amend anything on a specific item, I had to update before when I navigate it back. I thought that my fastest solution is calling getitems function on page appearing event. Beside that I had some filters triggers updates my observable collection and raise property changed. 
Long story short.. If you raise 2 times observable collection changed before first one is updating UI, you get that shrinking issue. Just make sure that your code doesnt raise property changes on your itemssource 2 times. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Emil

Divakar Subramaniam [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 20, 2017 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked your query by raising observable collection changed event two times before navigating to the SfDataGrid page. But unfortunately, the issue was not reproduced on our side.  

We have attached the modified sample for your reference and you can download the same from the below link. 

If anything is missed in our sample to reproduce the issue, then please do revert us with modified sample reproducing the issue which will help us to analyze further. 

Else, we kindly request you to setup a web meeting to look into it and provide the resolution. Please let me know your availability. We will make every effort to have this scheduled on a date and time of your convenience. 

Regards, 
Divakar.  

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;