We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to save new record order after drag & drop?

I want to use the Grid and the row drag & drop to change the order of the data rows in the database. For example, my model object has a "SortOrder" field, that is used elsewhere in the application to control the order that this model's data shows up in a report. I want to be able to drag & drop the rows and have it post the new order value(s) back to the database. Is this possible?

2 Replies

RB R Brian Lindahl October 16, 2016 05:31 PM UTC

OK, I've figured out the original question... need to use .RowDropSettings(a => a.RowDropMapper()).

Second question - how do I do this with a treegrid? It doesn't have a RowDropSettings member.

Third question - with a treegrid, is it possible to only set AllowDropChild for certain nodes? For example - I want to use the TreeGrid as a master/detail grid, showing parent nodes on the first level and the detail records on the second. In this situation, it doesn't make sense to drop a detail record as a child of another detail record, or as a sibling of a master record, for that matter.

Thanks in advance...

Brian

VA Venkatesh Ayothi Raman Syncfusion Team October 17, 2016 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Brian, 

We have created the new incident regarding this query under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards,  
Venkatesh Ayothiraman. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon