We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to change color of selected tab in Ribbon BackStage?

Hi
I want to change a color of selected tab. In example in this picture I have black selection. Now I want to change color to blue. Please help.

7 Replies

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team September 20, 2016 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 
In our Ribbon control, we can set BackStage color using property “BackStageColor”.  Based on the given color, BackStageButton background, BackStage background, BackStageTabItem background will get applied. If you need to change the BackStageTabItem selection, please change the BackStage color. 
If your query is to set different color from BackStage color, please provide more information about your requirement, based on your update, we will let you know further. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

DA Daniel September 21, 2016 07:33 AM UTC

Thank you for your response but answer is not exactly what I'm looking for ;) I want to change selected tab color independent on BackStageColour. For example: BackStageColour set to Red and selected tab colour set to Green. I will be grateful.

Regards,
Daniel

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team September 22, 2016 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the update.

We have checked your query and prepared the work around sample to meet your requirement. In this sample we have set Background color for selected BackstageTabItem in SelectionChanged event of BackStage. Please download the sample from the below location.

Sample:RibbonBackStage

Regards,
Priyanga B

DA Daniel September 22, 2016 11:53 AM UTC

Thank you a lot. It's exactly what I'm looking for.

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team September 23, 2016 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for your update 

Please let us know if you need further assistance 

Regards, 
Mariappan S 

BG Benjamin Goh November 15, 2019 02:56 AM UTC

Hi, 

I recently came across an error and from my searches I came across this thread. You mentioned in your reply that "Based on the given color, BackStageButton background, BackStage background, BackStageTabItem background will get applied. If you need to change the BackStageTabItem selection, please change the BackStage color."

I applied backstagecolor as shown in the picture attached and as you can also see in the picture, the color of the backstagecommandbutton follows the applied backstage color (lightblue) but the color of the backstagetabitem doesn't seem to change (Stays darkblue). Do you have a solution for that? Thanks.

Regards,
Benjamin

Attachment: Backstage_22fe3c3f.zip

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team November 15, 2019 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

We have checked the reported query “BackStageColor does not applied for BackStageTabItem”. As in our last update dated on Spe20th, 2016, we have mentioned wrongly that the BackStageColor would applied for BackStageTabItem. But as per architecture of Ribbon control, we are maintaining the different background color for BackStageTabItem, so the BackStageColor does not applied for the BackStageTabItem. In order to apply the same color for BackStageTabItem as  BackStage, you can set by using the below code snippet. 

Code:[C#] 

private void BackStage_SelectionChanged(object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e) 
{ 
if (_ribbon.BackStage.SelectedItem != null) 
{ 
if ((_ribbon.BackStage.SelectedItem) is BackstageTabItem) 
{ 
(_ribbon.BackStage.SelectedItem as BackstageTabItem).Loaded += MainWindow_Loaded; 
Border bd = (_ribbon.BackStage.SelectedItem as BackstageTabItem).Template.FindName("selectedBorder", _ribbon.BackStage.SelectedItem as BackstageTabItem) as Border; 
if (bd != null) 
bd.Background = Brushes.Red; 
} 

} 
} 

Please download the sample for the same from the following location: 

You can refer the below KB link for more information about how to change the selected color of BackStageTabItem 

Please try this solution and let us know if it is helpful. 

Regards 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon