We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RangeSlider's Value property not updated when using ValueChanging event

Suppose I bound RangeSlider's Value propery to some property in ViewModel & I use this ViewModel property in the RangeSlider's ValueChanging event-handler, then ViewModel property remains unchanged.

As a workaround, I've to use ValueEventArgs.Value property to get value.
I wanted RangeSlider's Value property to be changed, so that I can easily bind Value property to some property in ViewModel (MVVM).

5 Replies

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team September 12, 2016 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Keshav,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were able to reproduce the reported issue “RangeSlider’s value property not update when using ValueChangedEvent” at our end. And logged a bug report for the same. The fix for the bug will be included in our Volume 3 SP 1 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of October 2016.

Regards,
Pavendhan K.

LH Lyndon Hughey November 12, 2017 09:30 PM UTC

Has this issue been fixed.  i'm experiencing this issue with the current release (15.3.0.33).  The code I''m using is below.  I'm simply browsing to a page and expecting the value of the SfRangeSlider (which is used in single value form) to be updated.  It is not.  I've tried moving the DoubleSetToAValueOf40 value to the TickFrequency and StepFrequency, where it binds properly.  

<xForms:SfRangeSlider
x:Name="rangeslider2" 
Value="{Binding DoubleSetToAValueOf40}"
Maximum="150"
Orientation="Horizontal" 
TickPlacement="Inline"
ToolTipPlacement="TopLeft" 
ShowRange="False"
KnobColor="Orange"
ValuePlacement="TopLeft"
TickFrequency="50"
StepFrequency="5"
BackgroundColor="Transparent"/>

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 13, 2017 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Lyndon,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

This issue “Valuechange event has not update the value on RangeSlider control” has been fixed on 2016 Volume 3 SP 1 release and its working as expected. We have prepared a sample and recorded a video for your reference, please download it from the link given below.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/RangeSlider_2436520902.zip

Video link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/rangesliderBind1602584198.zip

If the issue persist at your end, please let us know with the following details.

1. Sample modification with the replication procedure in which the issue occurs.
2. Device in which the issue occurs.
This could help us to provide better solution.

Regards,

Selva Kumar V.

LH Lyndon Hughey November 13, 2017 10:26 PM UTC

Thanks, Selva.  I'v confirmed the functionality via your sample. I'll be looking deeper into my code.  Thanks for your help.

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 14, 2017 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Lyndon, 

You are welcome. We will wait to hear from you. 

Regards, 
Selva Kumar V. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon