We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editor with Tracked Changes

Hey, i was wondering if Syncfusion has an editor that can track changes and handle comments?

We have an application that we are scoping for client and they need multiple users to work on editing and managing content. If one user makes a change to the content, other users will need to see the change.

It would also be good if one user could highlight and leave a comment for another user to review.

I am hoping for something similar to the tracked changes and comments features in Telerik's RadEditor. Does Syncfusion have this?

Cheers

6 Replies

LF Luke Franklin August 25, 2016 12:48 AM UTC

Aaah not sure how this ended up in XAMARIN.FORMS ... should be in ASP.NET MVC...

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team August 25, 2016 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Luke,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

At present, there is no component available in Web platform to edit documents similar to Microsoft Word. We have already logged this requirement as feature request. We are currently developing a document editor component in JS platform and have planned to include beta version in our 2016 Volume 3 release. We will let you know once the release has been rolled out.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

LF Luke Franklin August 29, 2016 04:27 AM UTC

Thanks for the update.

When is the 2016 Volume 3 release scheduled?

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team August 29, 2016 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your update.

Our Essential Studio 2016 Volume 3 is scheduled for release by the end of September 2016. We will let you know once the release has been rolled out.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

KO Kevin Orcutt November 18, 2019 09:12 PM UTC

Hello All,
     It's been some time since these posts....  So, I was curious if this functionality was ever incorporated into the web side of things.  Like the OP, my company is also scoping out a project that this type of functionality is a requirement.  We're already a customer of SyncFusion, and would like to continue the use of their products....  If they provide the functionality needed.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Orcutt

HC Harini Chellappa Syncfusion Team November 20, 2019 08:28 AM UTC

Hi Kevin, 

Apologies! 

Currently document editor doesn’t provide support for track changes and comments. However. we have planned to include the requested features in our upcoming releases.  

Comments 
2019 Vol 4 which is tentatively scheduled on end of December 2019. 

You can track the status from below link 
Track changes 
2020 Vol 1 which is tentatively scheduled on end of March 2020. 

You can track the status from below link 

We will update you once included. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Harini C 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon