We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Failing to build sample Android project: An outdated of 'Android SDK Build-tools' is in use

I'm trying to compile Android project of Invoice sample, and it fails with the following exception:

An outdated of 'Android SDK Build-tools' is in use which this version of Android Support Library does not support. You must uninstall any 'Android SDK Build-tools' versions older than 23.0.0 from the 'Tools' section in your 'Android SDK Manager' You also need to install 'Android SDK Build-tools' version 23.0.0 or higher. Invoice.Android

I've tried every suggested solution at here, including cleaning solution and updating build tools, and none of them did any good.

I'm using Android SDK Manager 24.4.1, and build-tools 24.0.1 which apparently are the latest versions.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

3 Replies

KD Kesavan D Syncfusion Team August 11, 2016 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Trinitro, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Below are the few suggestions that would be helpful for you to resolve the outdated Android SDK build issue. 

1.       If you have installed Android SDK Build-tools version 24 manually using the SDK manager please refer this Link for resolving the issue. 
2.       You can also try to uninstall the Android SDK tools 24.0 or above and update as below line, in the <PropertyGroup> element in Invoice.Android  project Invoice.Android.csproj file. 
“<AndroidSdkBuildToolsVersion>23.0.3</AndroidSdkBuildToolsVersion>” 

Regards, 
Kesavan 

TR trinitro August 13, 2016 03:14 AM UTC

Hi Kesavan,

I don't have first issue, but your 2nd suggestion did the job! Determining `AndroidSdkBuildToolsVersion` explicitly solved the exception.

Thank you

SS Sridhar Sukumar Syncfusion Team August 14, 2016 03:36 PM UTC

Hi Trinitro, 

Thank you for updating us.  

We are glad to know that the issue is resolved with you end. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.  

Regards,  
Sridhar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon