We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfRotate Out of Memory Exception in SampleBrowser when scrolling through images around 20 times

Hi,

I am looking at integrating the SfRotator into my app however when working with the sample, if I scroll through images around 20 times, then I receive an out of memory exception. This occurs more or less frequently depending on the size and number of the images used. 20 times is using the 5 Movie PNGs as provided in the sample.

I subclassed the Image class, and then put a break point in the constructor of the class and found that the new objects are created for each scroll, therefore it doesn't look like there is any caching being employed for the SfRotator.

Is there a work around for this or will this require a service release?

Kind regards,

Paul Diston

3 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team August 3, 2016 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Paul Diston,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were able to reproduce the issue with SfRotator control and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R

EM Emil November 19, 2016 04:06 PM UTC

Hi,

is this problem resolved with the previous update?

thanks,

Emil

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team November 21, 2016 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Emil Alipiev,

Thanks for your update.

The reported issue Rotator control with memory leak is not due to the control implementation and by default all the Xamarin controls are facing the same issue. We have created a thread in Xamarin Support forum regarding this. We have found that there is no Memory leak with our Native controls and it is should be fixed from Xamarin side. We haven’t received any update from the Xamarin support forum. We request you to follow up the below Xamarin forum link for further updates.

Xamarin forum Link: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/72106/how-to-fix-memory-leaks-in-xforms-control

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon