We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Expecting class path separator ';' before '\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\23.0.1\lib\shrinkedAndroid.jar' in argument number 8

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

125241 Aug 2,2016 10:44 AM UTC Aug 3,2016 11:02 AM UTC Xamarin.Forms 1
Tags: General
Paul Diston
Asked On August 2, 2016 10:44 AM UTC

Hi,

I am trying to build the SampleBrowser-Forms for Android however when I do so, I get the following error :-

Expecting class path separator ';' before '\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\23.0.1\lib\shrinkedAndroid.jar' in argument number 8

Any ideas why this might be happening and how to resolve it?

Kind regards,

Paul Diston

Yuvaraj Palanisamy [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 3, 2016 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Paul Diston, 

This is a known issue in Xamarin and you can find more details in the below link. 

To fix  this issue, move both the android sdk and ndk to the location with no space in its path and update the following settings. 

Visual Studio:  Tools -> Options -> Xamarin -> Android Settings -> Android SDK Location 

Xamarin Studio:  Tools -> Options -> SDK Location -> Android SDK 

Please check and let us know your if you need any clarifications. 

Thanks, 
Yuvaraj 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;