We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

The "CheckDuplicateJavaLibraries" task failed unexpectedly. Error when building SampleBrowser

Hi,
I trying to build the SampleBrowser-Forms in the latest release of Essential Studio for Xamarin however when I do so, I get the following error :-
Error The "CheckDuplicateJavaLibraries" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\multidex\library\libs\android-support-multidex.jar'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\multidex\library\libs\android-support-multidex.jar'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.MonoAndroidHelper.SizeAndContentFileComparer.GetHashCode(FileInfo obj)
at System.Linq.Set`1.InternalGetHashCode(TElement value)
at System.Linq.Set`1.Find(TElement value, Boolean add)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.d__63`1.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.MonoAndroidHelper.DistinctFilesByContent(IEnumerable`1 filePaths)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.CheckDuplicateJavaLibraries.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() SampleBrowser.Droid
I have tried to see if I can resolve this by installing some things from SDK Manager but the problem still persists.
How do I resolve this issue?
Kind regards,
Paul Diston

1 Reply

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team August 3, 2016 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Paul Diston 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

This issue occurs due to the unavailability of Android Support Library. 
To fix this issue, 
Go to Android SDK Manager -> Packages -> Show Obsolete Packages -> Extras –> Android Support Library. Kindly check this package and install it. 
Please check and let us know if you need further clarifications. 

Thanks, 
Yuvaraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon