We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can't find Syncfusion.SfMaps.UWP even though it exists in the reference

Hi there,

I'm building a UWP application and I would like to utiliize SfMaps.UWP but the code behind file can't seem to locate it. I've tried manually adding it into Visual Studio to reference it that way but I'm having no luck. 

I've also tried used Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Maps in order to achieve basically the same thing. This draws the map but crashes the program every time I pan, zoom, or right click. In the stack trace it says its looking for Syncfusion.SfMaps.UWP but it's not able to locate it. 

Any chance anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan Tunis

PS. Great product by the way. I'm loving it.

4 Replies

LS Lingaraj S Syncfusion Team June 23, 2016 09:49 PM UTC

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your interest in Sycnfusion products.

Can you share the stack trace and code snippet which you have used in your application? That will be helpful to update the solution earlier.

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

RT Ryan Tunis June 23, 2016 10:02 PM UTC

I've tried two variations. One with XAML, and one with C# that produce the same result. This particular error in the stack happened when I right clicked the map.

XAML
 <StackPanel>
            <map:SfMap Height="500" Width="500">
                <map:SfMap.Layers>
                    <map:ImageryLayer LayerType="OSM"></map:ImageryLayer>
                </map:SfMap.Layers>
            </map:SfMap>
        </StackPanel>

C#
using Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Maps;
public MainPage()
{
            this.InitializeComponent();

SfMap map = new SfMap();
            map.EnablePan = true;
            ImageryLayer il = new ImageryLayer();
            il.LayerType = LayerType.OSM;
            map.Layers.Add(il);
            this.Map.Children.Add(map);
}

Stack Trace Image
See attached zip file for image of the debugger from Visual Studio displaying the stacktrace and exception messages.

Attachment: stackTrace_9812a3db.zip

RT Ryan Tunis June 23, 2016 10:05 PM UTC

Sorry one more thing. I was also having issues locating the help pages for UWP. They aren't listed in that section so I have been using the WPF or WInRT SfMaps documentation to create these. Not sure if that matters or not.

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team June 24, 2016 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Ryan, 

We were able to reproduce the issue and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon