We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filter column with excel type filter

Hello,

I have a grid and some string columns, for which I've set the filters - FilterType = Excel, no other filter settings. 

In the values list there are strings which contain one or more commas (for example the text "Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live.").

When I choose this value from the check-box-list, the filter doesn't work and I have no results in the grid.

I checked in debug mode, and I've noticed that the value is split into 3 different strings ("Far far away", " behind the word mountains", " far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live.").

What is the solution for this problem? How can we filter the data from a grid when it contains the "," character?

The same problem I've discovered with the ";" character. 

Thank you,
Catalina

3 Replies

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team May 25, 2016 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Catalina, 

We are sorry but the issue is not reproduced at our end. We have created a sample for your reference, which can be downloaded from the below location. 

Please try the above sample and if you are still facing any issues, please share below details 

1.       Product version that you are currently working on 
2.       Adaptor that you are using in Grid control for data binding. 
3.       Code snippets corresponding to grid rendering  
4.       If possible, please reproduce the issue in the above provided sample and share. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

CV Catalina Vatuiu May 30, 2016 01:16 PM UTC

After updating the syncfusion controls to the latest version, the problem has been solved.

GV Gowthami V Syncfusion Team May 31, 2016 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Catalina, 

We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. 

Get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 

Gowthami V. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon