We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PropertyGrid, enable resizing of name's column width

Hi,
At the moment, the width of the column "Display Name" and "Editor" are equal.
For example, if the PropertiGrid's width is 100px, then the header's width is 50px and the editor's width is 50px also.
If the PropertiGrid's width resize to 120px, then the width of the header is 60xp and the width of the editor is 60px.
This logic is not convenient.
Sometimes, the length of the "DisplayName" line is very short, and the value in the editor is longer. In this case equal width of columns without possibility to change them for user - it's not good for the user interface.
How can I make a resizeable width of the column in the PropertyGrid control?

6 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team April 6, 2016 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

We would like to inform you that we don’t have this support in “Need to resize width of the column in the Property Grid " currently and so have logged feature report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Sugapriya.M

YL Yi Luo September 23, 2016 09:43 AM UTC

Hi,

I need this feature also and I'm wondering how is it going?

YL Yi Luo September 23, 2016 10:55 AM UTC

Hi,

I need this feature also and I'm wondering how is it going?

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team September 26, 2016 05:59 AM UTC

Hi Yi Luo,   

The reported feature has been implemented and included in our Vol 2, SP1 which was released in August, 2016. Please upgrade to our latest version to get the feature.  

Regards,   
Vinothini.R   

PV Pim Vrolijk March 6, 2018 10:34 AM UTC

Hello, 

I see this feature has been implemented under #154832. However, I cannot find out how this works. There is nothing in the documentation about it and I cannot find a sample anywhere. 

Could someone tell me how I can autosize the name column? 

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team March 7, 2018 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Pim,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Before the release of 14.2.0.32 version, the PropertyGrid does not have support to resize the Column of PropertyGrid. In 14.2.0.32 release, we have implemented the feature to show the content present in the Property Columns by enabling the resizing support for Column of PropertyGrid. Also you can use this feature in our Getting Started sample. Please find the screenshot for the same.

Screenshot

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon