We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ScheduleCellTapped called multiple times depending on ScheduleAppointment Subject on Android

Hi,

I am currently working on a Xamarin Forms application in Visual studio 2015 Enterprise.

In my current project I am trying to show specific information in a DisplayAlert, based on an appointment in the SfSchedule.
This works fine on Windows, I haven't had the chance to test the iOS version.

The problem starts on Android, when I add multiple ScheduleAppointments to the ScheduleAppointmentCollection which have the same Subject. Now each
time an appointment is clicked in the SfSchedule the ScheduleCellTapped is fired for each ScheduleAppointment in the ScheduleAppointmentCollection which has that Subject.
So if I have two appointments with the Subject 'Meeting' two DisplayAlerts are created for each appointment in the collection.

I have tested the project on multiple Android devices running: KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow. Unfortunately the problem exists on all devices.

I can provide code snippets or a sample project if needed.

Regards,
Peter

4 Replies

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team April 1, 2016 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have already found and fixed the mentioned issue with ScheduleCellTapped event triggered several times in SfSchedule Xamarin (Android). This fix will be included in our main release 1 which
is estimated to rollout in the next week. We have prepared a simple sample for this. Please find the sample along with custom assemblies in the below link. 

Sample with Custom assemblies: ScheduleTappedSample

If the provided solution does not meet your requirement, could you please modify the provided sample along with replication procedure (if possible)? It will be helpful for us to analyze on it and provide you a possible solution.

Regards, 
Nijamudeen M.

PE Peter April 1, 2016 08:03 AM UTC

Hi Nijamudeen,

I tested the Sample project you supplied. It seems to fix the issue. I will be looking forward
to next weeks release and the opportunities it will bring.

Regards,
Peter

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team April 4, 2016 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

As informed earlier, we will update you once the volume 1, 2016 release rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards,
Nijamudeen M.

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team April 6, 2016 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Peter,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 1, 2016 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/123633/essential-studio-2016-volume-1-release-v14-1-0-41-is-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Swathi G

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon