We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

UWP samples solution won't compile

I just downloaded this in preparation for exploring its features this week to consider using in future projects. So I opened C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\13.4.0.53\UWP\SampleBrowser\SampleBrowser\SampleBrowser_2015.sln and attempted to run the sample. It is a bad initial experience with an obscure error.
Restoring NuGet packages...
To prevent NuGet from restoring packages during build, open the Visual Studio Options dialog, click on the Package Manager node and uncheck 'Allow NuGet to download missing packages during build.'
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Common_2015, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
1>MSBUILD : error MSB4166: Child node "2" exited prematurely. Shutting down. Diagnostic information may be found in files in the temporary files directory named MSBuild_*.failure.txt.
2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: SampleBrowser_2015, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 skipped ==========
I have not attempted to debug or trace the error. I'm simply too busy so Iam moving on to other work. If there is a simple solution, please let me know.

5 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team March 29, 2016 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We suspect that the issue occurs if the MS Nuget Packages were not referred properly. Could you please check whether all the Installed MS Nuget Packages are referring properly in your system? Please ensure the same and update us if the issue still persists so that we can analyze further.

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

MM Mark Means March 29, 2016 02:58 PM UTC

At the solution level there is only one NuGet package: Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform.

At the project level Common_2015 (Universal Windows) has the following references: Analyzers, Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform, Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML, Version=13.4.0.53, UAP,Version=10.0.10240.0, WindowsDesktop, Version=10.0.10240.0, WindowsMobile, Version=10.0.10240.0.

At the project level SampleBrowser_2015 (Universal Windows) has the same references as common, pls: BehaviorsXamlSDKManaged, Version=12.0, C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\13.4.0.53\UWP\SampleBrowser\Common\obj\x86\Release\Common_2015.dll, Microsoft.ApplicationInsights, Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.Windows, Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.PersistenceChannel, Microsoft.Data.Edm.WindowsStore, Microsoft.Data.OData.WindowsStore, Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.WindowsStore, Microsoft.Diagnostics.Tracing.EventSource, System.Spatial.WindowsStore. But does not have WindowsDesktop, Version=10.0.10240.0.

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team March 30, 2016 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

We have faced the same issue in our sample browser and this issue is related to MSI. After reinstalling the ES, the reported issue does not get reproduce from our side.

So we suspect that the issue is due to the ES was not installed properly in your machine. Could you please reinstall the build again by uninstalling other versions build from your system and let us know the result?

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

MM Mark Means March 31, 2016 04:00 AM UTC

I have uninstalled ES and then reinstalled syncfusionessentialstudiomsisetup.msi. I then opened the sample and compiled. No joy. Still the same error.

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team April 1, 2016 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Please follow up the incident which is created under your name to get further updates about the reported issue

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon