We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Possible Bug with Boolean Checkbox - Grid EditMode(EditMode.Batch) Adaptor(AdaptorType.UrlAdaptor);

Hi there

I am using 13.0.0.18 and Visual Studio 2015 community edition

For some reason while I am trying to edit the field I am getting the text "true" or "false" rather than the check box.  

On one of the pages I have noticed that on read view check box is not displayed but text "true" or "false" is displayed but once the page is refreshed it's ok

Regards
Prasanth

1 Reply

BM Balaji Marimuthu Syncfusion Team February 15, 2016 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Prasanthan,

Thanks for contacting the Syncfusion support.

Query:1 For some reason while I am trying to edit the field I am getting the text "true" or "false" rather than the check box. 

To display the checkbox while Editing, we suggest you to set the EditingType as Boolean in Grid columns. Refer to the sample and code example as below.
Sample: Batch-UrlAdaptor

@(Html.EJ().Grid<SyncfusionMvcApplication16.OrdersView>("FlatGrid")

.Datasource(ds => ds.URL("BatchDataSource").BatchURL("BatchUpdate").Adaptor(AdaptorType.UrlAdaptor))

.AllowPaging()    /*Paging Enabled*/

.EditSettings(edit=>{edit.AllowAdding().AllowDeleting().AllowEditing().EditMode(EditMode.Batch); })

.Columns(col =>

{

col.Field("OrderID").HeaderText("Order ID").IsPrimaryKey(true).TextAlign(TextAlign.Right).Width(75).Add();

col.Field("CustomerID").HeaderText("Customer ID").Width(80).Add();

. . .

col.Field("Verified").HeaderText("Verified").EditType(EditingType.Boolean).Width(100).Add();

}))

Query:2 On one of the pages I have noticed that on read view check box is not displayed but text "true" or "false" is displayed but once the page is refreshed it's ok

We checked the sample by enabling the Batch EditMode and UrlAdaptor, but we were unable to reproduce the issue. So could you please try the attached sample and share following information?

1.     Scenario to reproduce the issue.
2.     Are you facing the issue with same Grid while navigating to the page? Or the issue with Grid in other pages while navigating to the webpage – Please explain clearly about On one of the pages.
3.     Are you mentioning the webpage refresh or Grid page refresh?
4.     Browser details.
5.     Share sample if possible or modify the attached sample as issue reproducible.
6.     Ensure the type is “boolean” for Boolean columns and not “string”. Refer to the code snippet as below.

col.Field("Verified").HeaderText("Verified").EditType(EditingType.Boolean).Type("boolean").Width(100).Add();

Note: If type is not set, type “Boolean” is assigned to the column based on the cell value.

Regards,
Balaji Marimuthu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon