We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag&Drop Text in SfRichTextBoxAdv

Hi,

I want to let my users drag and drop some text to the SfRichTextBoxAdv.

But I need to drop the dragged text in the document at the mouse position.

I want to know if there is a way to set the SfRichTextBoxAdv.Selection.Start at the mouse position during the dragOver? 

SfRichTextBoxAdv.Selection.Start is only a getter. 

Thank you for advance,

Regards,

Marvin

1 Reply

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team January 6, 2016 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Regarding “Drag and drop contents”:
Currently our SfRichTextBoxAdv control does not have support for drag and drop contents. A support incident #149291 has been created under your account to tract the status of your requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents 

Regarding “Selection at mouse position”:
Currently, our SfRichTextBoxAdv control does not support API to perform selection at mouse position. As a workaround you can use RaiseEvent method to raise mouse events to perform selection within SfRichTextBoxAdv control. We have prepared a sample tried on our side to demonstrate how to insert text when dropping the mouse on RichTextBoxAdv control. Please do find the sample from following link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample link:
Sample

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon