We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Format' is not a recognized built-in function name

This error occurs when I try to add a DateTime Field.
At this moment, I'm using only Dashboard Design (No Dashboar Server installed)
Language (pt-br) Portuguese Brazilian

OneDrive error image: Error

Version 1.1.0.122
win7 32b
SQL 2008 Express

5 Replies

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 16, 2015 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Hub,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Regarding the error, can you please share us the error log file(s) generated under the following location in the machine at your end?
%localappdata%\Syncfusion\DashboardDesigner\1.1.0.122\ErrorLog

Also, let us know the format of the date column (MM/dd/yyyy,.. etc.) in the bounded data that you tried to drop in.

It will help us to diagnose the issue further at our end and get back to you with a prompt solution sooner.

Regards,
Rajadurai

HU Hub November 16, 2015 12:30 PM UTC

Information about problem reported.

Attachment: ErrorLog_13_11_2015_(2)_d8fb976f.rar

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 17, 2015 02:57 PM UTC

Hi Hub,

Thanks for sharing details. Regarding the date format, the screenshot that you shared reflects the default date format value that every SQL database user option used to have. Can you please let us know the date column type in your data (datetime or date) and in which format the date value displayed (MM/dd/yyyy or dd/MM/yyyy,..)? It would be helpful to us if you share the data to us to diagnose further at our end and get back to you with a prompt solution.

Regards,
Rajadurai

HU Hub November 17, 2015 06:29 PM UTC

I found out the source of problem, althogh the documentation says:

What are the system requirements for hosting the dashboard server?

.NET Framework v4.5 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008+.

I think it's not supported in SQL Server 2008, I've updated to 2012 version and now It's working fine.

Please update this information in main page of the application.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team November 18, 2015 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Hub,

Thanks for getting this problem to our attention.

The system requirements pointed out is for dashboard server which require SQL Server as prerequisite to setup and maintain user accounts and dashboards.

We will separately add the system requirements for server connection types in Dashboard Designer.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon