We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Use datasource that is set at run time but design layout without adding data source to project

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

120206 Sep 10,2015 09:15 AM Sep 11,2015 08:05 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Chris
Asked On September 10, 2015 09:15 AM

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Syncfusion but am falling in love quickly.  I would like to use the GridGroupingControl, or at a minimum, the GridDataBound control.

I would like to use the designers that are included so I can select the columns and layout, etc. but I don't want to use a project data source that is added via the IDE.

I set the datasource at run time and do not want to bind in the designer.  Is there any way of telling any of the grid controls to use my C# code that I call to fill the grid at run time, while in the IDE, so I can design the layout?

Thank you

Venkatesh Sundaram [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 11, 2015 08:05 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Product.

In GridGroupingControl, the DataSource property used to display the data at run time. Hence, it is not displayed in the designer layout. To display in the layout, add the Project data source in the designer.

this
.gridgroupingControl1.datasource= “DataSource filename”;

Regards,
Venkat.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;