We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Use datasource that is set at run time but design layout without adding data source to project

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Syncfusion but am falling in love quickly.  I would like to use the GridGroupingControl, or at a minimum, the GridDataBound control.

I would like to use the designers that are included so I can select the columns and layout, etc. but I don't want to use a project data source that is added via the IDE.

I set the datasource at run time and do not want to bind in the designer.  Is there any way of telling any of the grid controls to use my C# code that I call to fill the grid at run time, while in the IDE, so I can design the layout?

Thank you

1 Reply

VS Venkatesh Sundaram Syncfusion Team September 11, 2015 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Product.

In GridGroupingControl, the DataSource property used to display the data at run time. Hence, it is not displayed in the designer layout. To display in the layout, add the Project data source in the designer.

this
.gridgroupingControl1.datasource= “DataSource filename”;

Regards,
Venkat.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon