We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Windows Phone 8.1 (WinRt XAML), MVVM, TODOList, SfCalendar. Binding ObservableCollection from ViewModel

I'm trying to write a MVVM application for Windows Phone 8.1 (WinRT XAML), I use SfCalendar. And I want to bind a ObservableCollection from ViewModel to SfCalendar. Where can I see an example of such use in the MVVM pattern? Thank You. Sorry my english is so bad.

3 Replies

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team July 13, 2015 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support

“Query #1: Bind a ObservableCollection from ViewModel to SfCalendar”

As our SfCarousel control doesn’t inherited from ItemsControl, it won’t support binding of Observable collection from ViewModel. Could you please let us know why you need to bind Observable collection in SfCalendar, so that we could provide you an alternative solution?

Please let us know if you need any other assistance

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

DM Dmitry July 13, 2015 04:07 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply. ObservableCollection <T> is not required to , enough IEnumerable <T>. I want to see an example how to implement MVVM pattern with SfCalendar. I mean how to bind collection from ViewModel to a ItemSource of SfCalendar and show collection items on SfCalendar days in XAML. I need handle click events on SfCalendar days and transition to View with day parameter. Best regards Dmitry.

SM Sugapriya Mariappan Syncfusion Team July 14, 2015 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

In our current implementation of SfCalendar, it does not inherited from Content Control. So we would not able to bind collection from ViewModel to SfCalendar control. We would consider your requirement to implement Content control in SfCalendar as feature request. Can you please explain your requirement clearly to log this as feature?

Please let us know if you need any other assistance

Regards,
M.Sugapriya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon