We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ASP.Net controls inside inline form template of grid grouping control cannot call from server side at

Hi,
        I have a syncfusion grid groping control(using inline form template). Inside inline form template, i put some ASP.Net controls(textbox, label, listbox). When I click the row or open the inline form, rowselectionchanged event fired. In this event, I cannot call ASP.Net controls from server side.  I tried to call  this one at rowselectionchanged event    "Record r = this.GridGroupingControl1.FormEditCell.CurrentRecord;"  , but FormEditCell is null.  So can u please advice me how can I calll ASP.Net controls inside inline form template of grid grouping control at rowselectionchanged event from server side?

Thanks and Regards,
Shwe

1 Reply

KN Kavitha Narayanan Syncfusion Team May 12, 2015 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Shwe,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that, the RecordSelection event is raised when click on row and with record is moved to edit state so the FormEditCell will not be available. You can access the inline form Edit cells by CurrentRecordContextChange event which is achieved with help of EndEditCalled action.

Please refer the below code snippets for EndEditCalled action.

[CS]

void GridGroupingControl1_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Action == CurrentRecordAction.EndEditCalled)

{

Record curRecord = this.GridGroupingControl1.FormEditCell.CurrentRecord;

TextBox tb = this.GridGroupingControl1.FormEditCell.FindControl("CustomerIDTB") as TextBox;

if (tb.Enabled)

curRecord.SetValue("CustomerID", tb.Text);

tb = this.GridGroupingControl1.FormEditCell.FindControl("ContNameTB") as TextBox; // editing controls are accessed here

curRecord.SetValue("ContactName", tb.Text);

tb = this.GridGroupingControl1.FormEditCell.FindControl("CompNameTB") as TextBox;

curRecord.SetValue("CompanyName", tb.Text);

tb = this.GridGroupingControl1.FormEditCell.FindControl("CityTB") as TextBox;

curRecord.SetValue("City", tb.Text);

tb = this.GridGroupingControl1.FormEditCell.FindControl("CountryTB") as TextBox;

curRecord.SetValue("Country", tb.Text);

}

}

We have prepared a simple sample by using inline form template and also please refer the following online sample.

Sample: sample.zip

Online Sample link: http://asp.syncfusion.com/demos/ui/GridGrouping/CRUD%20Operations/EditingModes/cs/EditingModes.aspx

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Kavitha N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon