We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

ReportViewer Ignoring settings in RDL on report server for hidden parameters with default values of Null

Hi,

I have written a SQL 2008 R2 RDL and deployed it to the report server and I can run this report as expected through the standard Report Manager website.
I am now attempting to write an application that will use the Syncfusion ReportViewer to render reports.

I am currently testing the functionality against this single report but will eventually be pulling back a list of all reports on the Report Server and allowing the user to select from the available reports which report to run and rendering that in a view that contains the ReportViewer.

The report I have written has 6 parameters, 2 parameters are dates, there are 2 multi-value select parameters which are populated by datasets embedded in the report, finally there are 2 hidden, nullable parameters with a specified default value of null.

When I try and render this report in a simple WPF application as per the examples provided, the ReportViewer gives an error requesting a value for the first of my hidden parameters - how do I prevent this?

Furthermore, if I try to set values for the hidden parameters in code using the SetParameters method, I then get an error which states that my stored procedure has too many arguments specified. I wondered if this might be an issue with having multiple values selected for 2 of the other parameters (even though this works perfectly on the Report Server itself) so I selected only one item in each of those params and selected View Report at which point I then get the same error about needing to provide a value for my hidden parameters.

It feels like perhaps I am missing a step that would resolve this whole issue, but I have been unable to find anything relating to this in the documentation or forums.

Can you please tell me what I need to do for the ReportViewer control to respect the hidden parameter values in the RDL?
Can you also tell me whether there is any issue with using the Join Expression to concatenate the values selected in a multi-value parameter to pass to my stored procedure variable as a comma-separated list? Could this be the cause of the "too many arguments" error?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

NB Nithya B Syncfusion Team February 25, 2015 08:52 PM UTC

Hi Emma,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have tested multiple test cases with reported issue using our ReportViewer and its working fine in our end. If you still face any issues, could you please share the sample ReportDefinition of your report? It will be helpful for us to provide a solution earlier. We request you to create a Support Incident (Ticket) to get more details about the reported issue. Please log on to our DirectTrac Support System using the below link to create support incidents.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Nithya

EK Emma Keaney February 26, 2015 10:38 AM UTC

Nithya thanks for your response, I have raised incident 135897 as requested and included the rdl on that incident.

Regards

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team February 26, 2015 06:00 PM UTC

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your update.

We have updated the details regarding this query in the incident #135897. We request you to follow up the incident #135897 for further updates on this.

Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Anandakumar S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon