We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Clientside events - ClientSideOnMouseMove - PointIndex values after executing a zoom operation with mouse drag

Hello all,

Environment: VS2013, .net 4.5, asp.net mvc (classic) controls, asp.net one solution (asp.net mvc + asp.net)

I have a chart of type Spline that contains around 1000 points. Some of the point are styled custom in order to mark some peaks. Bellow are the scenarios that should work.

1. Chart data is loaded - NO ZOOM operation: when I hover over the peak data points the client side event - ClientSideOnMouseMove - is raised and I can receive some information regarding the hovered point, in particular the PointIndex value:

ex: I hava a total of 100o points of which 7 are styles differently.

When I hover over these points the hover event give me the PointIndex informatio:\
1st point - PointIndex =100
2nd Point - PointIndex = 300
3rd Point - PointIndex = 500
7th Point - PointIndex = 900

As you can see each PointIndex value is bigger that the value of the previous point, which is good because I need the order of these points for another operation.

2. Chart data is loaded - executed ZOOM operation with mouse drag: when I hover over the peak data points the client side event - ClientSideOnMouseMove - is raised and I can receive some information regarding the hovered point, in particular the Index value:

1st point - PointIndex =100
2nd Point - PointIndex = 500
3rd Point - PointIndex = 300
7th Point - PointIndex = 200

As you can see each PointIndex values are not ordered from the smalles to the biggest. This happens only after I execute ZOOM on chart. I would like to know how can I preserve the normal PointIndex value because I would like to use it for some other operation.

Can you please help me with this?

Thank you,
Razvan

4 Replies

AT Anandaraj T Syncfusion Team May 16, 2014 06:03 PM UTC

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue "Client-side mouse move event does not return correct point index value after zooming". We will update you with further details on 19th May (5/19/2014).

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Anand

RJ Rekha J Syncfusion Team May 19, 2014 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for your patience.

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,

Rekha.

RC Razvan Catrina May 19, 2014 06:30 AM UTC

Hello all,

Thank you for you prompt action regarding this issue. I would like also to inform you that the version of the controls that I use is: 12.1450.0.43. Can you please also provide a fix for this version of controls too?

Thank you in advance for you support.

Best regards,
Razvan

AT Anandaraj T Syncfusion Team May 20, 2014 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Razvan,

Thanks for providing the information. We will provide the patch in 12.1450.0.43 version as promised in the support incident 125187.

Regards,
Anand

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon