We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to remove options (Font Face, size, etc.) displayed in RichText cell editor in grid grouping control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

114060 Oct 25,2013 06:53 AM Nov 18,2013 11:51 PM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Chalani
Asked On October 25, 2013 06:53 AM

Hi,

I’m using grid grouping control in my windows form and I have set the cell type of one column to “RichText”. It works fine. But I don’t want the user to do any formatting to the text he enters. What he should be able to enter is just text with multiple lines. So is there any way to hide the options displayed in the Rich Text Editor such as font face, font size, alignment, etc.

And I want to change the default font face and font size to font face and font size of the grid grouping control. But in the Rich Text cell it is different to other normal cells in grid grouping control.

Please help me to come over these issues.

Thanks

Chalani

Athiram S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 10, 2013 10:19 PM

Hi Chalani,

Thanks for your patience.

We currently dont have support for performing this operation. The buttons are used along with the RTB control.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

Chalani
Replied On November 13, 2013 12:33 AM

Hi,

Thanks for replying. If this is not possible,  how about expanding the textbox cell on the click event as it does in RichText cell type. So that the user can see the full text if it is a long text. I have submitted this issue in the following link as well.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/114081/When-Grid-Grouping-Control-cell-is-clicked,-it--should-expand-like-a-dropdown-and-show-the-entire-text

Waiting for a solution.

Thanks a lot

Chalani

Athiram S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 18, 2013 11:51 PM

Hi Chalani,

Thanks for your update.

You can make use of "ResizeToFit()" method for achieving this behavior. This will resize the cell based on the size of the contents in it.

Please refer to the UG document for details:

http:\\help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/grid/Documents/resizetofit.htm

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;