We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to remove options (Font Face, size, etc.) displayed in RichText cell editor in grid grouping control

Hi,

I’m using grid grouping control in my windows form and I have set the cell type of one column to “RichText”. It works fine. But I don’t want the user to do any formatting to the text he enters. What he should be able to enter is just text with multiple lines. So is there any way to hide the options displayed in the Rich Text Editor such as font face, font size, alignment, etc.

And I want to change the default font face and font size to font face and font size of the grid grouping control. But in the Rich Text cell it is different to other normal cells in grid grouping control.

Please help me to come over these issues.

Thanks

Chalani

3 Replies

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team November 11, 2013 03:19 AM UTC

Hi Chalani,

Thanks for your patience.

We currently dont have support for performing this operation. The buttons are used along with the RTB control.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

CH Chalani November 13, 2013 05:33 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for replying. If this is not possible,  how about expanding the textbox cell on the click event as it does in RichText cell type. So that the user can see the full text if it is a long text. I have submitted this issue in the following link as well.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-windows/114081/When-Grid-Grouping-Control-cell-is-clicked,-it--should-expand-like-a-dropdown-and-show-the-entire-text

Waiting for a solution.

Thanks a lot

Chalani

AS Athiram S Syncfusion Team November 19, 2013 04:51 AM UTC

Hi Chalani,

Thanks for your update.

You can make use of "ResizeToFit()" method for achieving this behavior. This will resize the cell based on the size of the contents in it.

Please refer to the UG document for details:

http:\\help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/grid/Documents/resizetofit.htm

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Athiram S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon