We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

enabling short keys

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

111248 Sep 14,2013 01:09 AM Sep 30,2013 11:29 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: Tools
samapro
Asked On September 14, 2013 01:09 AM

Hi, I'm using ribbonPanel and ribbonControlAdv from syncfusion version 10.203.0.75 in my form. I want to enable short keys (like crtl+s) to do specific functions but i can not find the codes.thanks for your help.

Chandran R [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 16, 2013 10:08 AM

Hi Samapro,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

Query

Response

enabling short keys

We would like to inform that ,  the RibbonControlAdv supports to user defined shortcuts. I have attached the sample as per your requirements , please find the sample from the attachments.

Please follow the steps to enable the keys.

1.Run the sample.

2.Press Alt key [It will populate theToolStripTabItems shortcut keys].

3.Press “O”.

It will populate the shortcut keys for toolstripButton.

4.Press “B” , toolstripButton1 will get selected.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Chandran R

RibbonWithSupperAccelaator_ca815e16.zip

samapro
Replied On September 18, 2013 01:51 AM

Hi Chandran R. Thanks for your useful help.
I wanted to ask if I could have a compound of two keys instead of just one in the string value?
For example I wanted to have "CRTL+Z" as a short key for toolstripbutton1 and I tried something like this :

this.superAccelerator1.SetAccelerator(this.toolStripButton1, (Keys.ControlKey.ToString()+Keys.Z.ToString()));
which of course does not work. Is there any way to define that short key?

samapro
Replied On September 19, 2013 01:24 PM

Hi again Chandran.R .
 I found another question. I am using Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ToolStripEx
which includes some toolstripButtons. Pressing ALT key does not populate a short key for my ToolStripEx. So how can I enable short keys for these Buttons?
thanks for your help.

Chandran R [Syncfusion]
Replied On September 30, 2013 11:29 AM

Hi Samapro,

Thanks for the update.

Query

Response

I wanted to have "CRTL+Z" as a short key for toolstripbutton1

I would like to inform , the SuperAccelator doesn’t support for the key combination and it supports only separate key, so you can’t use the key combination with SuperAccelator .

Pressing ALT key does not populate a short key for my ToolStripEx

The SuperAccelator specially created for RibbonControlAdv , So when you choose the TabItem’s SuperAccelator it will populate its own items. So you couldn’t use the SuperAccelator for ToolStripEx and its own items.

Please let us know for further assistance.

Regards,

Chandran R

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;