We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Setting the RowBackground & AlternatingRowBackground to another color still returns White at runtime.

Hi,

We are using Syncfusion (v11.2) GridDataControl. We have set the RowBackground and AlternatingRowBackground to a color other than "White" but the output is always White. We ave set ShowAddNewRow to False as well.

<Style x:Key="GridDataControlBaseStyle" TargetType="{x:Type syncfusion:GridDataControl}">

<Setter Property="ShowAddNewRow" Value="False" />

<Setter Property="RowBackground" Value="Gray" />

<Setter Property="AlternatingRowBackground" Value="Gray" />

</Style>

Looking at the source code, the properties are defaulted to White. 

I saw some post about this in the forums and i hope i don't get a similar response that it does not happen on your side.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/grid-wpf/91064/why-background-color-of-the-first-row-in-griddatacontrol-is-white

Hoping for your response as it is a very big annoyance to see a patch of white in our apps appearance.

Regards,

Clint

3 Replies

GA Gobinath A Syncfusion Team September 6, 2013 04:11 AM UTC

Hi Clint,

Thanks for using syncfusion products.

We have analyzed your query and if we are creating the style for the GridDataControl then we have to add the StaticResource Key in the GridDataControl style as below the code snippet.

Code snippet[XAML]:

<syncfusion:GridDataControl Name="syncgrid"

Grid.Row="1"

AutoPopulateColumns="False"

AutoPopulateRelations="False"

ItemsSource="{Binding GDCSource}"

NotifyPropertyChanges="True"

ShowAddNewRow="False"

ShowFilters="True"

Style="{StaticResource GridDataControlBaseStyle}"

UpdateMode="PropertyChanged">

We have prepared a simple sample based on your requirement and please find the sample under the following location.

Sample: GDC_Sample.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Gobinath A

QR Qasim Raza August 21, 2019 07:27 AM UTC

I have tried to download the Sample mention but the link to download sample is not working... :(

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Clint, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

We have created a simple sample that demonstrate the AlternatingRowBackground and RowBackground properties for the grid rows. Please make use of the below sample. 

Please revert us, if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon